Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2007, 05:49 PM

Default anybody digging the new Trilogy and Atmosphere

anybody digging the new Trilogy and Atmosphere?

seems kinda amateurish and clunky i know its a beta where I have to pay them so i can report bugs but

It operates like rewire but not nearly as good
and doesn't always quit with pro tools and the occasional hang on quitting
not to mention you cant use previous session settings. yada, yada, yada
what you think?

web page

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear
Old 12-26-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: anybody digging the new Trilogy and Atmosphere

i miss the old ones.
is a bit clunky and i get some weird quits when they are in a session.
but..... it's nice having them back.

zeeman

pt 7.4 os 10.4.10 dual intel mac/4gig ram
Lynx Aurora 16n Thunderbolt
Old 12-26-2007, 08:13 PM

I would never had purchased Trilogy if I knew they were unable to support it to Intel. I read the blurb on the Spectrasonics website, but it still reads like an excuse, not a reason. I bet it could have been moved over, if some money were spent toward UVI/USB or whoever. It has left me in a bad place on some projects because: 1) I can not easily determine which patch I had used in the version before the wrapper; 2) also finding ProTools often freezes with the forever beach ball when I have the Trilogy Wrapper running so I can't really use it at all. Total PITA! Very disappointed in Spectrasonics on this solution. I hope it is VERY temporary but I am not holding my breath. Priorities and resources seem lacking. It begs the question, is Spectrasonics a hobby or a business?
Old 12-26-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I would never had purchased Trilogy if I knew they were unable to support it to Intel. I read the blurb on the Spectrasonics website, but it still reads like an excuse, not a reason. I bet it could have been moved over, if some money were spent toward UVI/USB or whoever. It has left me in a bad place on some projects because: 1) I can not easily determine which patch I had used in the version before the wrapper; 2) also finding ProTools often freezes with the forever beach ball when I have the Trilogy Wrapper running so I can't really use it at all. Total PITA! Very disappointed in Spectrasonics on this solution. I hope it is VERY temporary but I am not holding my breath. Priorities and resources seem lacking. It begs the question, is Spectrasonics a hobby or a business?

Heard from Spectrasonics a couple of months ago that their will be some exciting announcements at NAMM for Atmosphere and possibly some of the other plug-ins. I do know know what that is, but hopefully it be good news for all of us using these plugs!

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 12-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Heard from Spectrasonics a couple of months ago that their will be some exciting announcements at NAMM for Atmosphere and possibly some of the other plug-ins. I do know know what that is, but hopefully it be good news for all of us using these plugs!
It would sure be about time. Things have been dormant over there for a LONG time. After creating so much interest and establishing such a large user base, you'd think they'd want to keep the content coming.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:29 PM

I'm still diggin' on FXpansions VST to RTAS adapter...

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=15&tab=43

web page
Old 12-27-2007, 03:53 PM

yes the VST-RTAS Wrapper is an alternative solution
But the main PITA is the fact that many , many user have years vested interest and lots of sessions using the native versions and using these workarounds still leave you with no way to use it as it was set coming from a native instantiation in a previous session.
What good is it, if it instantiates on the track with no patches loaded or even recallable

and I dont understand the UVI being the issue because there are several other manufacturers using the UVI engine and are intel compatible as a native version

If Stylus uses the same UVI engine and is native what gives?

cant you smell a paid solution coming down the pipeline

other plugins that use the UVI engine
http://www.ultimatesoundbank.com/uvi.html

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear
Old 12-27-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:

If Stylus uses the same UVI engine and is native what gives?
Stylus RMX doesn't use the UVI engine. RMX is built by Spectrasonics. I would imagine that the Trilogy and Atmosphere replacements will also be totally built by Spectrasonics.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:36 PM

There is an exciting future ahead for all of Spectrasonics instruments, and this future includes Native Intel compatibility.

There are definitely things in the works at Spectrasonics, the first big announcement will be at the Winter NAMM 2008.

Stay tuned to www.spectrasonics.net !
Old 01-03-2008, 05:45 PM

"seems kinda amateurish and clunky i know its a beta where I have to pay them so i can report bugs"

This is an incorrect assumption.

All registered owners of Atmosphere and Trilogy are able to participate in the Intel Mac Wrapper Public Beta, and always have free support.