Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned

Default Structure 1.1/Structure Free Sounds/Sample folder

I installed Pro Tools 9 and then 9.01 update on Mac OSX (See signature for spec), Installed the PTIEP as well and all are working well (besides the axiom pro bugging out; F2-F5 keys) I have an extremely annoying problem.
The Structure 1.1 sample library and Air Users Blog Structure library (Fantom, Triton, Vintage, Motif) Show up in Structure (when launched in pro tools) as Structure Free sample library. The folder hierarchy where the files are stored on my mac is: Applications>Digidesign>Air Content>Structure

I launch Structure; then go to my sound/patch library to load patches and All I see is structure free and structure quickstart folders as choices; when I go to structure free, all my libraries are there; my question is; Why is structure free folder showing as a choice when structure 1.1 is launched and a structure free folder does not exist on my mac? I just want to see the folder read as "Structure" not "Structure Free" when loading patches.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Structure 1.1/Structure Free Sounds/Sample folder

Structure was replaced by Structure Free. However as of Pro Tools 9.0.1 (PTSW-134827, 134887) has been fixed. What you need is the Pro Tools 9.0.1 full installer.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

Just to clarify before I re-install:

So even though I installed the PTIEP last (after the 9.01 updater) Structure Free replaced Structure? When I launch Structure It says 1.1; the only time I see structure free folder is when I'm loading a patch library in my structure samples folder which is in: Applications>Digidesign>Air Content>Structure
I have all of my structure libraries in this folder; they show up as being in the Structure Free folder (which does not exist on my computer) and load with no problem.

If I have to un-install and do clean install of 9.01, is there an uninstaller or proper way to trash Pro Tools 9 (completely) from my mac?

BTW, thanks for the reply
Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheone View Post
So even though I installed the PTIEP last (after the 9.01 updater) Structure Free replaced Structure? When I launch Structure It says 1.1; the only time I see structure free folder is when I'm loading a patch library in my structure samples folder which is in: Applications>Digidesign>Air Content>Structure
I have all of my structure libraries in this folder; they show up as being in the Structure Free folder (which does not exist on my computer) and load with no problem.
I would say technically no. Structure Free as part of the PTCC Installer should be replaced by Structure 1.1.0 as part of PTIEP.

Can you reproduce this issue?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

Hmmmm....I'll have to wait on re-install and trying to reproduce the issue as i'm working on a project right now. It's a bit stressful having to do all this in the middle of a project but this is just going to eat away at me if I don't fix it soon; It's looking like Sunday will be the day
Old 02-17-2011, 03:48 PM

Are you seeing this issue on Mac or Win?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Banned

Mac osx 10.6.6
Old 02-23-2011, 12:03 AM

Hi DTheone

I am having the same problems. I installed PT 9.0.1 on my MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.5 and then installed Structure 1.1. This was a clean install... not an upgrade from PT 9 and no previous install of Structure. From what I have read Structure free that was included with PT 9.0.1 should have been overwritten by Structure full.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM

I think I had a similar issue but have changed where the alias is pointing after Russ posted this video:

http://www.airusersblog.com/home-pag...ion-video.html

Hope this helps,

Steve
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM

Can you guys still see thr waveform in the edit window? My edit window is COMPLETELY blank. structure 1.1, PT9.0.1