Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2017, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Pro misery

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloj View Post
I appreciate everyone's input. But like I said problems started when I got the mbox 3 and updated windows 10. I ran Pro Tools 11 pretty flawlessly. I won't accept that Pro Tools 12 is 'demanding' on resources as a cause of my problems. Despite being 5 years old my PC is a power house. I'm not prepared to just use my soundcard for PT only and onboard windows sound for multi media, I get too much enjoyment out my Genelec's to only use them for PT, and I've done this for years without issue. The mbox 3 Pro has always been glitchy but I could work round it. Problems really started when I tried to roll back the mbox driver to see if it would iron out audio drop outs, it seems I've screwed something up.
Well this is all interesting but if you know is is not the problem and not after help I am not sure why you are posting here. And the reason you can not even post a Sandra report is...?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Pro misery

Well it seems I've solved my Mbox 3 pro mystery. I didn't realise that the mbox 3 had its own buffer setting, and when I found it and adjusted it, I no longer get complete drop out. That just leaves 9173 errors.

I brought up the system usage window and the CPU is throwing up spikes without even a session running. There's a whole forum on this issue I found dating back 3 years. Some people have fixed this issue various ways, none of which have worked, from disabling hyperthread, to uninstalling cloud collaboration program.

The last thing I'm gonna try is installing PT 11. The last stable version I had. After that it's a fresh windows install I can't think of anything else. This system worked before, I used to be able to run isotope RX standalone and rewire it to Pro Tools via the connect plugin, nevermind plugins. So if this is a bug which by all accounts it is, them I'm out luck.