Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 PM

Default PTLE 8 Composers using MIDI...

I bought an HD-2 rig for audiopost duties, and was happy with the way it did the job, and how much better it did the job than other DAWS. No MIDI. Just audio mixing, tracking voices etc, spotting FX etc.

Being a composer, I was excited about the new offerings in PT8 and thought that maybe a PTLE 8 rig would be great for composing in a MIDI studio.
What I have found is that the PTLE 8 rig is a stonking good audiopost rig (with DVTK 2 etc). Rock solid, with far better RTAS & quicktime performance than the HD-2?!?

Go figure. Anyway, very happy with that.

I can't for the life of me get to a point where I can get comfortable with the MIDI editing, quantising and timing. The simplest MIDI tasks seem to bog down and squeeze the spontaneity out of throwing tracks down.

I'd like to hear from songwriters/composers etc who use PTLE8 exclusively for all their MIDI and audio needs to discuss their workflow and get any tips I can about the PTLE8 MIDI implementation.
OS X 10.6.2
Pro Tools LE 8.01CS1
DVTK2
LOGIC 9.1.1