Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2019, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Change to Pro Tools Ultimate Renewal Pricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Sorry guys I haven’t been paying a whole lot of attention since I parked my system more than 2 years back.

Will I be able to reinstate in another 2 years? I’m sure nobody really knows the future but what about if I wanted to reinstate in September, how much would it cost me would it even be possible?

Ultimate Perpetual license holder
If you visit the first page of this thread, to check out the new price chart go into effect on July 1st, you will see that what is missing is the reinstate options in general. As we speak to reinstate PT Ultimate Perpetual license is currently priced at $999. There is no clear answer if that will still be an option after July 1st....
Old 06-25-2019, 04:12 PM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Here's something not so funny. I own two iLoks with 2 separate Pro Tools perpetual licenses. One is for my studio mac where I have an Ultimate license at a yearly renewal cost of $399 (ouch!). One is for my laptop pc which I use in another office with Pro Tools Standard perpetual at $99 (now $199) a year.

I own ONE copy of Studio One Pro 4.5.x - I use it on both computers and could install the same copy on 3 more computers if I wanted with NO subscription cost whatsoever. When Presonus upgrades their software to version 5, I will gladly pay the nominal upgrade cost.

AVID's pricing, policies and business practices are based around pay now, receive upgrades/service later. So, so wrong. Avid is not Adobe. No other DAW really does this. Steven Slate does offer a subscription but at a very reasonable and consistent yearly cost of $150 and he always adds more every year.

Like a fool I just paid AVID $99 to avoid the extra cost after July 1 and you know what it feels like AVID? It feels like out and out right theft. It's the opposite of what a company should do. Nice going. NOT!
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 06-25-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post

I own ONE copy of Studio One Pro 4.5.x - I use it on both computers and could install the same copy on 3 more computers if I wanted with NO subscription cost whatsoever. When Presonus upgrades their software to version 5, I will gladly pay the nominal upgrade cost.
But..but...you don't have "free" Falcon instrument, neither a "free" plugin PRO bundle, "free" Loopmasters loops, "free" Sound effects, "free" BS, "free" bug fixes.....as a loyal customer!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
But..but...you don't have "free" Falcon instrument, neither a "free" plugin PRO bundle, "free" Loopmasters loops, "free" Sound effects, "free" BS, "free" bug fixes.....as a loyal customer!
What I have is paying something for nothing. It's like if I wrapped up a box, didn't tell you what was inside, and made you pay me for it because you really still need to use the product you've been using for the past 2 decades. Surprise! There's nothing in the box. Nada!
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 06-25-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Thanks man.... btw what do you do down in Vic.... don’t happening to be a singer do ya?

No worries. I wish I could sing mate.
I’m terrible I’m a carpenter by day, a hobbyist by night. Play a few instruments, Jack of all trades master of none ha. But loving every second I can get on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
As we speak to reinstate PT Ultimate Perpetual license is currently priced at $999. There is no clear answer if that will still be an option after July 1st....
Agh, very good...thanks

I’m sure they are trying the scare tactics to make people shell out.

Maybe they will get rid of reinstatement’s to force people to stay current

Weird times for sure
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Agh, very good...thanks

I’m sure they are trying the scare tactics to make people shell out.

Maybe they will get rid of reinstatement’s to force people to stay current

Weird times for sure
This does feel like a desperate money grab doesn’t it? And people have been shelling out too by the sounds of things. I am paid up through April 2020, but it is tempting to hand Avid one more handout of 99.00. If this was the plan, it would be horrendously short sighted as these accounts would account for zero revenue until the plans come to maturity.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:53 PM

I spent a considerable amount of time researching DAW’s including Studio One, I thought it was a real step backwards and reminded me of Cubasis on my iPad. It will be a while before it comes close to what PT is now and by then PT would have moved on. Did they ever get it to work with their StudioLive desks like they promise they would about 3 years back? When I last checked about a year ago they hadn’t and they had some scathing customers going off on their community website. Anyways good luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
Here's something not so funny. I own two iLoks with 2 separate Pro Tools perpetual licenses. One is for my studio mac where I have an Ultimate license at a yearly renewal cost of $399 (ouch!). One is for my laptop pc which I use in another office with Pro Tools Standard perpetual at $99 (now $199) a year.

AVID's pricing, policies and business practices are based around pay now, receive upgrades/service later. So, so wrong. Avid is not Adobe. No other DAW really does this. Steven Slate does offer a subscription but at a very reasonable and consistent yearly cost of $150 and he always adds more every year.

Like a fool I just paid AVID $99 to avoid the extra cost after July 1 and you know what it feels like AVID? It feels like out and out right theft. It's the opposite of what a company should do. Nice going. NOT!
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-25-2019, 07:55 PM

Haha no probs man, it’s all fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige108 View Post
No worries. I wish I could sing mate.
I’m terrible I’m a carpenter by day, a hobbyist by night. Play a few instruments, Jack of all trades master of none ha. But loving every second I can get on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-25-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I spent a considerable amount of time researching DAW’s including Studio One, I thought it was a real step backwards and reminded me of Cubasis on my iPad.
What version was that V2? Have you used V4.5 recently? It is way closer to PT than you can think of. Nice try though...spend more time next time!

Quote:
It will be a while before it comes close to what PT is now and by then PT would have moved on.
Pro Tools development, is slower than watching grass grow.
Studio One evolves in a considerably fast pace. Look how many features they have added from V4.1 to V4.5 alone, 70 !
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/stu...0-new-features

When was the last time that Pro Tools gained more than 10 significant features (LOL) in a single release???

Do you wanna bet which one will catch up first?

Cheers!