Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2013, 06:12 AM

Default License across 2 iloks

I own Structure1.0, and purchased an upgrade to the instrument pack.
I also own 3 iloks, 2 on 1 account, and 1 on a different username (Both are myself and I have all 3 iloks that i purchased over the years).

However while purchasing the upgrade, i entered the 2nd ilok userid, (Not the ilok that had the original software), I should have known this problem earlier.

Now when i try to download the license to my ilok of userid2, it asks to surrender license for original sofware, thats on ilok of userid1.

I have not yet downloaded it to any ilok yet. So can I ask Avid to move the software license to ilok of user1, or do I have to now pay for my mistake and pay the license transfer fees? this ilok is great for software license protection, but sometimes comes in the way of honest customers who paid full price and yet have to suffer.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 AM

Question Re: License across 2 iloks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark007 View Post
I have not yet downloaded it to any ilok yet. So can I ask Avid to move the software license to ilok of user1, or do I have to now pay for my mistake and pay the license transfer fees?
You can ask, but I wouldn't complain if their answer is "No". It's only $25, not $250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark007 View Post
this ilok is great for software license protection, but sometimes comes in the way of honest customers who paid full price and yet have to suffer.
The only thing you will suffer here is some time without that asset and a $25 hit from your bank account for a mistake you made, and the latter is only true if AVID doesn't help you out.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM

Default Re: License across 2 iloks

Thanks for the answers, that make me feel much better.

I have another question, might not be totally related to the first question. Its still about licenses across 2 iloks, though.

I have PTHD9 on the third ilok (lets call it say ilok-1), and PT8 on my other ilok (lets call this ilok-2), both systems I own, one at my office/studio and other on my laptop/home.
Since I purchased the expansion pack and this one is on yet another ilok (lets call it ilok3), that licenses Structure, Velvet, Hybrid and one or two more items, can I use this bundle (thats on the third ilok), at both places, as it is an extra Ilok, keeping the original iloks intact? Of course I wont be using it simultaneously on 2 machines, staying withing the terms and conditions of AVID software licensing.

In other words, can I have licenses across two iloks, on the same machine?

Example:
weekday setup:machine 1 has PDHD9 on ilok1 and structure on ilok2.
weekend setup:machine 2 has PTLE8 on lkok 3 and structure on ilok2
Thanks.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Default Re: License across 2 iloks

yes, I have a few machine with 3 iLoks
Core iLok
Waves iLok
Floater iLok

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig