Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-28-2019, 09:52 AM

Default Re: S3 vs Two S1's

what's old is new again want proper faders a used d command is the way to go if it fits your work flow pro feel all the way i brought a used one never looked back!
Old 10-28-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Go to amazon.com and search for 12.5 android tablet and it will show you several models ranging from 10" and up
yeah that's what I've been doing for the past two weeks, only unknown names one came up with very poor reviews lol.

Maybe there's more on amazon.com than .ca which is the one for canadians. but then again might not be able to get it shipped here.

Wave-T.com
Old 11-09-2019, 10:58 AM

ALL it would take to keep the S3 viable in the new line up of products would be to make it LINKABLE/MODULAR, like the D Command, Artist Series, S1 or S6! If they lifted that totally imposed 16 fader limit, they'd have sold thousands of more units just to the people who wanted more faders to begin with.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
yeah that's what I've been doing for the past two weeks, only unknown names one came up with very poor reviews lol.

Maybe there's more on amazon.com than .ca which is the one for canadians. but then again might not be able to get it shipped here.
The only thing to keep in mind is; the reviews are probably from people that use tablets for stuff that doesn't matter to us and those comments might be mostly unimportant(reliability would matter, but not much else). Food for thought

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-09-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
The only thing to keep in mind is; the reviews are probably from people that use tablets for stuff that doesn't matter to us and those comments might be mostly unimportant(reliability would matter, but not much else). Food for thought
True which is why I'm going to stay away from the PRo12 tablets, a lot of people are reporting them suddenly stopping working after 3 months lol

Wave-T.com
Old 11-10-2019, 08:23 AM
Avid

Here's a pic with $220 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:25 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
ALL it would take to keep the S3 viable in the new line up of products would be to make it LINKABLE/MODULAR, like the D Command, Artist Series, S1 or S6! If they lifted that totally imposed 16 fader limit, they'd have sold thousands of more units just to the people who wanted more faders to begin with.
Yes its a switch...but when we turned it on to see how it worked a lot of stuff was broken, from banking, VCA spill, softkeys, it would have taken months to sort out and distract from everything else we are doing. Yes we would sell more S3 so it wasn't a decision I took lightly.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes its a switch...but when we turned it on to see how it worked a lot of stuff was broken, from banking, VCA spill, softkeys, it would have taken months to sort out and distract from everything else we are doing. Yes we would sell more S3 so it wasn't a decision I took lightly.
What is so different about the S3 compared to the S1 or Artist Series units? Why didn't they have the same problems?
Old 11-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
What is so different about the S3 compared to the S1 or Artist Series units? Why didn't they have the same problems?
The S3 was built for live first so has some differences, the other surfaces don't have the VCA spill stuff S3 has, or the top row of knobs. I wouldn't throw away revenue if it was easy believe me.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
So, S1s are "CORRECTED" S3s?