How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Default Pro Tools 12 Play AAX plugin not loading properly/fully

Hello everyone,

I recently invested in East West's library of orchestral samples. I have the GoldX versions of their Strings, Woodwinds, and Brass library. However, whenever I use the Play AAX plugin that comes with East West's libraries, it doesn't load properly. Anyone else experienced/fixed this? (See screenshot attached)

EDIT: Sorry for the blurry screenshots, but you can still kind of see what I'm talking about. It looks like I'm only able to view the top left quarter of the plugin.

Any help is apreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mixingwindownoplay.jpg (54.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg playpluginnotloading.jpg (58.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-08-2018, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 Play AAX plugin not loading properly/fully

Check your EW Installation Center for activation and install location.
(AAX Play version, Libraries-updates)
Old 02-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccartercrellin View Post
Hello everyone,

I recently invested in East West's library of orchestral samples. I have the GoldX versions of their Strings, Woodwinds, and Brass library. However, whenever I use the Play AAX plugin that comes with East West's libraries, it doesn't load properly. Anyone else experienced/fixed this? (See screenshot attached)

EDIT: Sorry for the blurry screenshots, but you can still kind of see what I'm talking about. It looks like I'm only able to view the top left quarter of the plugin.

Any help is appreciated!
What version of Play do you have installed? What specific EW libraries do you have loaded? Your second shot is not a Symphonic Orchestra Gold screen but what could be the Fab Four library. Try starting up Play in standalone mode and see what happens.

QAPLA!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:31 PM

Hello,

I ended up fixing the issue by installing an older version of Play. Initially, I used the East West Installer to install 6.0.1., but it looks like installing 4.3.3 fixed it.

I might just stick with it for now, and see if it's possible later to get a new version.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 02-09-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Hello,

I ended up fixing the issue by installing an older version of Play. Initially, I used the East West Installer to install 6.0.1., but it looks like installing 4.3.3 fixed it.

I might just stick with it for now, and see if it's possible later to get a new version.

Thanks for the replies!
Unless you have the specific vocal library that needs it Play 6 isn't needed. You really should be running the latest version of Play 5.

And you haven't answered the questions I asked about what specific library you're trying to run - that makes a big difference. Play 5.x will run anything except for one specific vocal library (already said that but it bears repeating). That being said 4.3.3 is a WAY old version.

QAPLA!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:17 PM

You're right, sorry.

Specifically, I've been trying to run the Hollywood Strings Goldx, Woodwinds Goldx, and the Brass Goldx libraries. Also the Storm Drum 2 Library.

I got the graphical issue when I tried running any of the four plugins on both Play 5 and Play 6. For some reason though, Play 4 loads fine.

I will try reinstalling Play 5 tonight to see if it works, but I won't do it through the East West installer (just in case that makes a difference for some reason, though I don't think I should)
Old 02-12-2018, 09:11 AM

So I downloaded Play 5.0.4 from the East West support page and installed it on my system. For whatever reason, the graphical issue I've encountered happens during the transition from Play 4, to Play 5. Not entirely sure why the older product works, but the newer one doesn't.

I'm also wondering if this has anything to do with my version of Pro Tools not being properly optimized for my Surface Laptop, since I've searched multiple times and not seen anyone having this same problem.

I'm running Pro Tools 2018.1, could this be an issue?
Old 02-12-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
So I downloaded Play 5.0.4 from the East West support page and installed it on my system. For whatever reason, the graphical issue I've encountered happens during the transition from Play 4, to Play 5. Not entirely sure why the older product works, but the newer one doesn't.

I'm also wondering if this has anything to do with my version of Pro Tools not being properly optimized for my Surface Laptop, since I've searched multiple times and not seen anyone having this same problem.

I'm running Pro Tools 2018.1, could this be an issue?
There are very few commercial laptops that work well with PT (MacBook Pros being one of the few that do). Could be that the Surface and PT aren't that compatible with each other.

QAPLA!
Old 05-26-2020, 03:36 AM

hello i am having issues here with play 6.1.8 in pro tools 11 : although it works fine with hollywood brass diamond, i cannot load the pop brass which is 64 bits only.

play 6.1.8 works fine in standalone mode with those sound banks.

when i launch pro tools it says cannot find authorization for playaaxplugin

i tried to download play 5.1 but it's not working with pop brass into pro tools

(pro tools 11 + mountain lion 10.8.5)
Mac Pro 2x 2.66GHz 6-Core / 96 Go Ram / PE6R4-i - HD Native - Tempo Sata Pro 6Gb - PTHD : 10 / 11 /12 / Ultimate till 2022.5 - 192 i/o Digidesign - MTPAV - OSX : 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6.8 / 10.8.5 / 10.9.5 / 10.11.6 / 10.13.6 / 10.14.6 - PowerMac G4 MDD / Pro Tools HD 5.3 / 6 / 7.4x / 8
Old 05-26-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovebrother View Post
hello i am having issues here with play 6.1.8 in pro tools 11 : although it works fine with hollywood brass diamond, i cannot load the pop brass which is 64 bits only.

play 6.1.8 works fine in standalone mode with those sound banks.

when i launch pro tools it says cannot find authorization for playaaxplugin

i tried to download play 5.1 but it's not working with pop brass into pro tools

(pro tools 11 + mountain lion 10.8.5)
If you are running PT11 why are you making multiple posts with the same wording in PT10 and PT12 subforums? It's against the TOS to post the same thing in multiple forums. I replied to your post in the PT10 forum. Camping on threads ain't cool.

QAPLA!