Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 01:11 PM

Default PT7 Separate Region by Transients function query

I was hoping to be able to use the new 'separate regions by transients' function the same way as using tab-to-transient with grouped tracks. However, whether the tracks or the regions are grouped, it splits on a track-by-track basis, which is useless for drum editing. That is to say, each track is split up separately. Can anyone think of a way of doing this without tabbing and splitting through the whole track? Any chance of a preference or update to make this work properly, i.e. separating in the same place across tracks?
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Avid

Default Re: PT7 Separate Region by Transients function que

Quote:
I was hoping to be able to use the new 'separate regions by transients' function the same way as using tab-to-transient with grouped tracks. However, whether the tracks or the regions are grouped, it splits on a track-by-track basis, which is useless for drum editing. That is to say, each track is split up separately. Can anyone think of a way of doing this without tabbing and splitting through the whole track? Any chance of a preference or update to make this work properly, i.e. separating in the same place across tracks?
Ever tried Beat Detective? It will find transients (the earliest) across grouped tracks. The new Seperate Region by Transients was more design to individual tracks for preparing sample-based playlists into tick-based ones before tempo changes.

I've actually found it wicked to use over grungy guitar tracks, and vocals, etc. allowing some crazy editing and processing applications.....

good luck w/ Beat Detective.

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."