Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 02-07-2014, 04:43 PM

Default Eleven Rack / Avid is not producing anymore Eleven Racks is that true or false?

Gents,
I was told that Avid is not producing anymore Eleven Racks is that true or false?

There's a website site I have called to ask some question about purchasing a unit. I was told all they are selling was scratch & dents of the Eleven Rack.

So I was wondering about if Avid is going to come out with something newer on the Eleven Rack line. If someone could please explain it would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Ronnie
Old 02-07-2014, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack / Avid is not producing anymore Eleven Racks is that true or false?

I can't imagine that being true - pure assumption on my part however

Could be web store just wants to get rid of some b-stock
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack / Avid is not producing anymore Eleven Racks is that true or false?

Makes sense since Eleven rack is USB 2.0.

An updated revamped Eleven Rack with either of these options below would be the future way to go together with a lot of other options it is still lacking that people wish for in the forum!!!

FireWire 800 – 800Mbps
eSATA – 3Gbps
USB 3.0 – 5Gbpps
Thunderbolt – 10Gbps
Old 02-09-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongpat View Post
Gents,
I was told that Avid is not producing anymore Eleven Racks is that true or false?

There's a website site I have called to ask some question about purchasing a unit. I was told all they are selling was scratch & dents of the Eleven Rack.

So I was wondering about if Avid is going to come out with something newer on the Eleven Rack line. If someone could please explain it would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Ronnie
I doubt it, Eleven is selling like crazy. They just released a standalone editor to cater to all of those who bought it without pro tools. Just go to ebay and see how many dealers are splitting the deal and selling Eleven hardware by itself. My guess is another expansion pack is on the way so the website you spoke with could be right as there might be some sort of delay to get the new ELeven Rack with the upcoming model pack. This is just an educated guess and if I were you, I would wait only if I wanted pro tools otherwise I would get it from ebay Brand New Deliverd for $374 (without Pro tools) and if the Xpansion pack comes, you might have to spend another $100.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:36 AM

It could just be that the particular store you were talking to will no longer be carrying the Eleven Rack. On the other hand, the standalone editor could have been a nice send-off for the product so that users are not left in the lurch when it is discontinued. I'm thinking of buying one, or something else, in the next few weeks, so timely word on this would be helpful to me.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:56 AM

Default Eleven Rack / Avid is not producing anymore Eleven Racks is that true or false?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybite View Post
Makes sense since Eleven rack is USB 2.0.

An updated revamped Eleven Rack with either of these options below would be the future way to go together with a lot of other options it is still lacking that people wish for in the forum!!!

FireWire 800 – 800Mbps

eSATA – 3Gbps

USB 3.0 – 5Gbpps

Thunderbolt – 10Gbps

Why does any of that matter? What would you use the extra interface bandwidth for and why? USB2 is widely supported across Macs and PCs and is a great low-end interface (when Apple does not break it, cough). And if Avid combined a much higher end interface into an Eleven Rack and let's it compete more with its own more expensive interfaces who will want to pay the increased price?

I am not following why eSATA is even on your list. Nobody uses eSATA for an audio interface, and eSATA can also go to 6Gbps.

The only reason with an Eleven Rack class product for moving from USB 2 to 3 I could see is if some incompatibility problems with USB 3 hardware showed up and as not fixable in drivers, I do not expect that is the case. And Firewire is dead technology, nobody is going to design anything new that relies on that, and a Thunderbolt is effectively Mac only.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-09-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And Firewire is dead technology, nobody is going to design anything new that relies on that
Any thing new - correct - many interfaces may still come with these connectors but just for compatibility purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
and a Thunderbolt is effectively Mac only.

For the time being

Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 PM

Whilst it would be nice to see some improvements to the 11R, for me whether it's continued or discontinued is a moot point since I already have what I paid for.....a cool orange box that sounds great.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 02-11-2014, 07:42 AM

Yep as long as I can get it fixed if it breaks - I'm good

Love that orange box for sure