Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2011, 01:04 PM

Default volume automation not following edit

even though I have "Automation follows edit" ON I'm finding that volume automation is not always following. A perfect example is if I have an existing region ( take an ambs track for example) where the volume is just a straight line, if I stretch out the head or tail the volume line doesn't necessarily follow.
I don't have this issue in protools 7.4... in any way what so ever.
Another trick I use to stretch out a head or tail is I use the key command "Option - or Command +" to fix a head or tail by a few frames and I keep having to show volume graphs and move the volume graph to the left or right to get rid of a massive pop in the volume curve.
(I should also mention all these regions have fades on them I haven't tested this without fades)
It's a major annoyance since you double up your work load every time you make tweak.
Anyone else experiencing this, is it a known bug?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Re: volume automation not following edit

I should also mention that's intermittent which is even more annoying.
At any rate, i'd love to hear if anyone else has seen or experience with this, perhaps it's a simple question of technique or not using a particular technique etc...
Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 AM

Default Re: volume automation not following edit

I find this happening with copying and pasting a region. Automation does not follow