Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2013, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools doesn't recognize Waves Plug-ins

I figured it out. I found the folder it was asking me to find the location of and it scanned and everything works now. And thanks for that hold shift trick.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-26-2015, 07:39 AM

Did it find it in the root/library/... Location?
Old 06-19-2017, 11:45 PM

The holding shift trick doesn't work for me, nothing pops up! HELP!
Old 06-20-2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savingchris19 View Post
The holding shift trick doesn't work for me, nothing pops up! HELP!
Not without giving us more info - try reading through the link at the top of every forum page called "Help Us To Help You'. You give zero system info, not to mention what your exact problem is.

QAPLA!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:16 AM

I have pt 8le with the Mbox , I have a Mac 10.10 Yosemite . Last year I downloaded waves plugin demos and it worked just fine now I've downloaded like 3 more and none show up in pro tools even though they're in the waves shells folder on my computer.
What I've concluded is that it's probably because my old pro tools will only run RTAS and waves has a default not to run those.
So upon further reading it's said that if you hold shift during pro tools boot up a waves pref box will open and you can tell it to use rtas. I tried that but nothing happened, no box appeared
Old 06-20-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I have pt 8le with the Mbox , I have a Mac 10.10 Yosemite . Last year I downloaded waves plugin demos and it worked just fine now I've downloaded like 3 more and none show up in pro tools even though they're in the waves shells folder on my computer.
What I've concluded is that it's probably because my old pro tools will only run RTAS and waves has a default not to run those.
So upon further reading it's said that if you hold shift during pro tools boot up a waves pref box will open and you can tell it to use rtas. I tried that but nothing happened, no box appeared
You have several problems chief amongst which is running (or should I say trying to run) PT8 on an OSX version that's totally incompatible with it. The latest version of OSX you can run is Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.x Second problem - current WaheShells don't support RTAS. The last that had RTAS is WS9.6 and the last to support PT8 is WS8.

The upshot is no matter what you do with your current system you can't run Waves plugins with current or very recent WaveShells in PT8.

Here's a link to the PT compatibility page:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart

QAPLA!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:32 PM

If I got the fxpansion wrapper would that work for me? Any other brands of plugins that would work fine with my system? I recently got the demo of melodyne 4 without any issues
Old 06-21-2017, 04:11 AM

Quote:
If I got the fxpansion wrapper would that work for me? Any other brands of plugins that would work fine with my system? I recently got the demo of melodyne 4 without any issues
It might work but that utility hasn't been sold new by fxpansion for years and even when it was it wasn't that good. You are STILL ignoring the fact that you're running PT8 on a totally non-compatible OSX version. THAT is your biggest issue here. I'm guessing that you updated to Yosemite right over the top of Snow Leopard and that is never a good thing; it might be Apple's way but it's not the right way. Doing it the Apple way can lead to all sorts of issues like having incompatible s/w trying to run on an operating system it was never meant for.

QAPLA!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:53 AM

Actually I've had pt le since 2011 and I bought the Mac in 2015 when it supposedly wouldn't work together but a guy has a youtube video showing how to make them work together , I know they aren't technically compatible but it's been working fine.
Sounds to me that the real issue here is waves having a default setting not to open a plugin as rtas even though it is in fact an rtas plugin.
Tonight I'll try demoing different brands and see if that works, I really don't wanna drop 600 dollars on pro tools 12
Old 06-21-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Actually I've had pt le since 2011 and I bought the Mac in 2015 when it supposedly wouldn't work together but a guy has a youtube video showing how to make them work together , I know they aren't technically compatible but it's been working fine.
Sounds to me that the real issue here is waves having a default setting not to open a plugin as rtas even though it is in fact an rtas plugin.
Tonight I'll try demoing different brands and see if that works, I really don't wanna drop 600 dollars on pro tools 12
I give up. I keep telling you what your problem is but you refuse to recognize it. Just because some lame YouTube idiot has a video up that it supposedly works doesn't mean it will work at all for everyone (as you are finding out).

There is NO default setting in Waves plugins to not use RTAS. What WaheShell version are you running? I already outlined what version has RTAS support and what doesn't.

QAPLA!