Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-26-2010, 11:55 AM

Default A suggestion for AVID and the forum

When a new version comes out, some things don't work like they should. We all know that happens. Usually users spend a lot of time trying to figure out if it is a bug or if we're doing something wrong. AVID too I guess.

My suggestion is a sticky with logged bugs. It would save a lot of users a lot of time. As soon as Digi logs a bug, put in on the bug sticky and if there are any suggested work arounds put them there as well.

And heck, why not add if it is an easy one or a hard one to fix when you're at it!

Why do I get the feeling that this will never happen?

Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 15 GB ram, HD2 Accel, 192 I/O, PT 10, Mac OS 10.6.8. Dedicated internal drives for system and sample libraries. Recording few tracks on a network Synology NAS. More tracks on a Western Digital external FW800 drive. VI's from NI (Komplete 7), Toontrack, Spectrasonics, IK Multimedia, Vienna, MOTU (BPM), Ivory and a bunch of other plugs.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:35 PM

Default Re: A suggestion for AVID and the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtitam View Post
When a new version comes out, some things don't work like they should. We all know that happens. Usually users spend a lot of time trying to figure out if it is a bug or if we're doing something wrong. AVID too I guess.

My suggestion is a sticky with logged bugs. It would save a lot of users a lot of time. As soon as Digi logs a bug, put in on the bug sticky and if there are any suggested work arounds put them there as well.

And heck, why not add if it is an easy one or a hard one to fix when you're at it!

Why do I get the feeling that this will never happen?

A list of known bugs and their status would be a nice adition to the IdeaScale site

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 AM

I would love that. But WHOOOOO are we kidding...

DTS is the first to always appear and state that 'This is A BUG, we're working on it'

Unfortunately, 'We're working on it' dont mean didley. Numerous of of such statements are YEARS old and the bugs are STILL there..

Putting up such a STICKY would mean that AVID would have to do something about those bugs or look pretty stupid to all of us for not fixing them years after they have been logged !!!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:03 AM

Yup.

That's the point
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 15 GB ram, HD2 Accel, 192 I/O, PT 10, Mac OS 10.6.8. Dedicated internal drives for system and sample libraries. Recording few tracks on a network Synology NAS. More tracks on a Western Digital external FW800 drive. VI's from NI (Komplete 7), Toontrack, Spectrasonics, IK Multimedia, Vienna, MOTU (BPM), Ivory and a bunch of other plugs.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:56 AM

I think the list would take up too much space.