Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM

Default ASIO Problems after installing Pro Tools LE 8?

Hey guys, I'm new to the board so sorry if something similar has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Basically, since I installed PT 8, my mbox works fine in pro tools and the new version is great, however when I try and use the mbox as an asio device in any other program (reason, FL studio, traktor and some others) it doesn't work and the programs come up with error messages. I never had this problem before upgrading to 8 from 7.4.

I've tried everything to resolve it I can think of: uninstalled 8, reinstalled 7.4, done a system restore, installed the asio drivers again, installed the audio drivers again. But none of this has worked and I've run out of ideas.

Also the asio drivers do seem to be present in the right folder and Reason etc show "asio digidesign driver" in the audio section but they always have a X or similar next to it.

Any help is really appreciated since I now can't access thousands of dollars worth of software with my mbox but can with my audigy soundcard (which I don't want to have to use for obvious reasons).
Old 01-07-2009, 04:58 PM

Default Re: ASIO Problems after installing Pro Tools LE 8?

Hi I haven,t logged on the site for a long long time. Until I Purchased PTLE V8. Not only does the ASIO Drivers not work in other programs that worked perfectly in 7.4. But I'm having problems with a Structure. From my experience every time an upgrade, or installing something new fro these guy's, something else is either taken away or nonfunctional. Makes me wonder if it's done purposely, I can't imagine the programmers being that negligent. Signed frustrated. And by the way I can't get anyone from the tech team to answer.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 AM

anyone got any ideas?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils View Post
anyone got any ideas?
Are you guys using vista? If so disable uac

seamus
Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 AM

I feel you Devils. I was gonna try all the steps you mentioned. But after I reinstalled Ableton Live and that didnt fix it, I figured it was just a ASIO bug.

It looks Digi dropped the ball a little bit on this one. Yes, these programs work fine thru rewire in PT8. But they cant access the ASIO driver. It used to be in PT7.4 that I had to run these programs as Administrator, or you would get the same message. Now using PT8, that doesnt even work anymore.

Oh and Shea, I tried that as well. Disabling UAC does nothing. I even turned off DEP. Nothing seems to allow you to use Digi ASIO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the board so sorry if something similar has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Basically, since I installed PT 8, my mbox works fine in pro tools and the new version is great, however when I try and use the mbox as an asio device in any other program (reason, FL studio, traktor and some others) it doesn't work and the programs come up with error messages. I never had this problem before upgrading to 8 from 7.4.

I've tried everything to resolve it I can think of: uninstalled 8, reinstalled 7.4, done a system restore, installed the asio drivers again, installed the audio drivers again. But none of this has worked and I've run out of ideas.

Also the asio drivers do seem to be present in the right folder and Reason etc show "asio digidesign driver" in the audio section but they always have a X or similar next to it.

Any help is really appreciated since I now can't access thousands of dollars worth of software with my mbox but can with my audigy soundcard (which I don't want to have to use for obvious reasons).
Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 AM

Everything works perfectly here

seamus
Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 AM

Running Vista 32bit here. What are your specs Shea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shea View Post
Everything works perfectly here

seamus
Old 01-08-2009, 07:22 AM

I'm running XP SP3 which makes it even more annoying as I know it's not a vista-thing. Hopefully there'll be a patch or I can figure it out somehow, if anyone knows how to potentially solve the problem it would make me a very happy man.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:27 AM

Well, I have access to a Mac running Leopard, I'll try there as well. Unless someone else already has tried.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:03 AM

just did a system restore and that got the asio drivers working but still couldn't update to 8 and have them working or install my new wireless keyboard, I think it's more a problem with my pc than PT now. Might have to do a fresh install of windows to solve it