Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2017, 07:33 PM

Default Re: 3rd party plug-ins aren't recognized

Yes Darryl, I tried that long ago.
Komplete Audio 6
Old 11-28-2017, 07:44 PM

There is something very messed up with your install or system. When you have time I would be uninstalling everything, delete the plugin folders and trash prefs again (make sure you are using Prefs helper and deleting everything) and try installing everything over again. If you still have problems blow away macOS and do a full clean install of that. There is absolutely no reason this should behave this way with current software releases on a Mac.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashahay View Post
Okay, so I had a critical error on my windows partition and had to swap back to my mac in order to finish a job with a deadline of 3 days.

I immediately bought the latest subscription to Pro Tools and installed it- which should be fully compatible with my Mac OS.

So can anyone tell me why the hell Pro Tools still can't recognize any additional plug-ins?? even my newly bought Avid Pro series plug-ins aren't showing, which is absolutely essential to getting any work done.
Why buy another subscription? You should have both the OSX and Windows installers in your Avid user account. You just move the iLok over to the Mac.

Your Mac - was Sierra on it all along or did you 'upgrade' from another earlier OSX version? If so how did you do it - install Sierra over the top (an in-situ which is never a good thing despite what Apple says) or a completely clean install with everything (PT, plugins, etc.) installed from fresh? And further as to 'upgrade' did you use the dreaded Migration Assassin (aka Migration Assistant)? That's another no-no.

QAPLA!