Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 11:30 PM

Default 002 twitching

Hi,

My 002 started freaking out tonight. When I turned it on, it got stuck in validating mode for a really long time, so I turned it off and on again. After a couple hard resets like that, it seemed ok....

Then, I was working on a session and out of nowhere PT said it couldn't communicate with the 002. Then my faders started inching up and down and making clicking noises. I was suprised to say the least and just sort of stared dumbfounded at the machine while it freaked out. Eventually, it went into validating mode and the faders snapped down. Then back up to where they were in the song, followed by more clicking. After it reset to validating mode again, it snapped back to where they should have been in the song (with no hard reset by me this time) and it seems ok now.

Obviously, this is not normal. I've had my 002 since last July or so with no problems at all. Any ideas as to what crazy ghost has taken over my system? Nothing out of the ordinary has happened; no drops, no spilled liquid, nothing!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Brian
Old 02-19-2004, 01:36 AM

Default Re: 002 twitching

Brian:

I remember this:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
002 not working properly in standalone mode.
#554961 - 12/22/03 07:42 AM

Good day.

When I put my 002 in standalone mode, everything works fine for 5-15 minutes. Then suddenly there's no sound input/output from 002 and basically nothing works. Nothing happens when I try to push the buttons, and sometimes the faders are trying to move up and down for no apparent reason.

Turning off the power, waiting for five or so seconds, and turning the power on, and then entering the standalone mode helps. But it's really a nuisance when you're trying to play or record something. This problem only occurs in standalone mode. Any ideas, should I get my 002 replaced, it's only few months old? And yes, I am using the latest versions of everything

nosebleed

Reged: 08/20/02

Re: 002 not working properly in standalone mode. [Re: nosebleed]
#556381 - 12/26/03 06:30 AM

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...=5&o=7&fpart=1

This just happened to me, stuck on validating, faders twitching, so I guess I'll send my 002 back for repairs. Damn.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

See link referred to above: THIS.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Re: 002 twitching

Hi,

Thanks for the link StoneKnife. I'll give customer support a call. It seemed strange because I've had my unit working well for 8 or 9 months...

Brian