Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Feature Request: Export Selection to New Session

Here's an idea for a new feature: Highlight a selection (say the one good take out of five) and export the playlists and regions in the selection to a new session with matching timecode. Using this command could bring up a window similar to the "Save Copy In..." dialog, with options to convert SR, copy files or link to original media, etc. If the selection includes a piece of a larger file, there could be an option to copy the entire file or just copy the selected section to a new file. Anyone else think it's a good idea? Is there some way to do this easily already in a recent version of PT (haven't extensively checked out PT7.x HD yet)
Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Feature Request: Export Selection to New Session

Try region groups.. create one in your session, then import it into your other session.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 PM

Hello. One thing to add to Rail's suggestion is to select the 'Copy All Files On Import' choice in the Preferences section. I forget how it's actually worded but the idea is that it copies the files into that session's Audio Files folder. Region Group imports do NOT automatically import audio files associated with them.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:40 PM

I'd love that . . . or Import session data originating from one timecode to another . . .

Say you just want to import the massive space battle from one show to another kinda thingy.

What i do now is copy that entire section down beyond the end of the show before importing it into another session so that it's easier to then blow away everything I don't want.

And while we're at it, Import session data in an INACTIVE state . . . of course I don't have that much DSP! I already know it won't be able to juggle the plug-ins DOH!