Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 07-02-2011, 03:54 PM

Default ilok authorization issue

Hi I have an issue with my ilok. I am running 9.03 on my main MacPro at work 10.6.5 no issues. I installed it on my mac at home running 10.6.7 and my ilok is not working. When I boot PT it brings up the activation window, I click activate, then it shows the next screen that says "authorized ilok installed" then I press continue ans it brings me right back to the authorization window again. I repeat the process and then it pops up saying no authorized ilok was recognized. I've tried it on multiple usb ports as well. No Luck. Anybody heard of this before or can point me in the right direction?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:36 PM

Default Re: ilok authorization issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoeding View Post
Hi I have an issue with my ilok. I am running 9.03 on my main MacPro at work 10.6.5 no issues. I installed it on my mac at home running 10.6.7 and my ilok is not working. When I boot PT it brings up the activation window, I click activate, then it shows the next screen that says "authorized ilok installed" then I press continue ans it brings me right back to the authorization window again. I repeat the process and then it pops up saying no authorized ilok was recognized. I've tried it on multiple usb ports as well. No Luck. Anybody heard of this before or can point me in the right direction?

Not sure if I can help, but I am running HD 9.0.3 with several iloks and not problems.. Also on 10.6.7.. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 PM

Have you downloaded & installed the iLok client installer & driver?

http://www.ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 07-02-2011, 06:38 PM

Sorry,

Yes I did download and install the drivers.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 PM

Question Re: ilok authorization issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoeding View Post
I am having exactly the same problem on a MAC OSX 10.6.3. Installed successfully PT + all the drivers, and the updated iLok client + drivers. The iLok is detected as containing the proper authorization upon launching PT9. After 2 activation requests >> "Error:Missing iLok authorization for ProTools 9. Please insert the necessary iLok to continue."

Changing USB ports does not solve the problem nor re-booting.
¿ PT detects the authorization on the iLok but not the device ?

Checking with iLok they state it is a PT problem. Checking with Avid they say it is an iLok problem. Hoping to get an answer somewhere in between the two official sites.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM

Helloooooooo. Avid. Are you out there? Any clue? Its very frustrating that I can't use the software. Luckily it's working on my work mac but no luck at home. This makes me believe it must be a system issue. Any other reports of this yet?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:04 PM

Don't know if this will help, but when I moved from 9.0.2 to 9.0.3 I had to re-install my iLok drivers. I ended up with the same driver version that I started with, but thing worked fine after the re-install...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Don't know if this will help, but when I moved from 9.0.2 to 9.0.3 I had to re-install my iLok drivers. I ended up with the same driver version that I started with, but thing worked fine after the re-install...
+1. me too. Version is the same, but reinstall works.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 07-07-2011, 08:45 AM

Not here. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver and pt many times. Tried every usb port I have. Doesn't help.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 AM

You should check in the ilok web page if the license version of PT registered in your ilok is the same version you are running.