Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 08:10 AM

Default McDSP / Eventide Plugins Not Passing Audio

Hi All,

I've recently encountered plugins that stop passing audio upon reopening the session. The two culprets seem to be McDSP (mostly Channel G, but also F2 Filterbank), and Eventide, namely the EQ 45. The plugins are inserted on both audio and instrumental tracks. Removing the plugin and re-instantiating it does not fix the problem...the only way I was able to get around this in some cases is the duplicate the track...the duplicated track then passes audio. I called McSDP about this and they said it most likely has to do with my Expansion HD chassis; they said Digi is having them (I assume all plugin companies) make some code changes that specifically deal with how they communicate with Expansion HD. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? It seems to mostly start happening when sessions get pretty full - DSP wise. Is anyone else seeing this, and are they're any other work arounds.

By the way...all the plugs (and all plugs in my system) are 7.x.

Thanks

HD 4 Accel
Expansion HD
Dual 2.5Ghz G5
6 gig RAM
PT 7.2
Old 10-24-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Re: McDSP / Eventide Plugins Not Passing Audio

Hello JSR,

I hadn't heard about this bug, but after spending about 7 hours on a mix, closed & re-opened only to have both Channel G AND Filterbank not passing audio. I tried duplicating the track(s) with no success... this is a momentum-killer if ever there was one.

Have you (or anyone else) come up with any more workarounds???! (All plugs 7.x compatible here too, btw.)

Warmest Regards,
Brian

G5 2.5Dual; OS 10.4.6; 4.5gigs RAM; PT 7.2cs1; HD4 Accel/Process; Expansion|HD
Old 10-24-2006, 09:55 AM

Default Re: McDSP / Eventide Plugins Not Passing Audio

...haven't found everything yet to fix this, it seems to be consistently Channel G and Filterbank. I got so frustrated with a mix yesterday I just bit the bullet and switched all my Channel G's to SSL's - what a pain that was, plus it cost me about four or five extra hours of work. I worked with McDSP to try to find a solution, but they didn't come up with anything. I think the best thing for you to do is call McDSP, ask to speak with Colin, and tell him about this problem (so he doesn't think it's just me).