Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2016, 01:13 PM

Default Problems Sharing files thru dropbox

I have Pro tools 12 and use an ER guitar interface and I am attempting to share a pro tools session with a friend thru dropbox. I select all the files from the session folder (audio flies, session ptx, wave cache, backups, etc.) and upload them to our dropbox account. In each case after downloading and opening the session, most or all of the music is missing. I can't seem to find any info on the web dealing with this problem. I also ought to mention that my friend uses Native instruments Guitar Rig, not Eleven Rack like myself. Our intention was to simply re-amp the naked guitar tracks after transferring sessions thru dropbox. Please let me know if and how this is possible. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2016, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Problems Sharing files thru dropbox

Are all the files in the original source Audio Files folder before uploading to Dropbox? Or is ProTools referencing audio files on your system not located in the audio files folder?

One way to work around this is to do a "Save Copy In" and you can save all files associated with the session in the new copy's audio files folder. If you have Dropbox installed you can direct the copy to save in the Dropbox directory.

If you are recording the DI of your guitar (not processed through the amp sims) then it shouldn't matter what amp insert you are using and you should be able to run the recorded DI through whatever amp plugins you have.

I have had issues with certain file types in Dropbox where I would upload then it would disappear because of file type. Waves should be ok but not sure about session files. You could zip/compress the session folder then upload to Dropbox then unzip locally.