Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-20-2010, 10:04 AM

Default Shortcut for "show all used automation"

Ok, this has been driving me nuts.
Does anyone know the shortcut for PT to show all automation used in a Project. Ive seen this in a tutorial video but unfortunately it wasnt mentioned what key it is.

Please let me know if you know what it is. I looked through the key commands PDF but cant find it.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Shortcut for "show all used automation"

does no one know
Old 11-21-2010, 08:53 AM

Not sure if this is what you are trying to do but if you hold down the option key and click on the little triangle in a track that is to the left of the record button in the edit window when in "small view" it will make all the tracks show automation parameters.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:04 AM

Is it not as simple as control + 5 (on the numeric keypad)? This will show you which parameter types are being automated.

I don't think a shortcut exists which will display all automated parameters in seperate lanes.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Maybe he has been using quick keys for it.

If I alt click on the little arrow it will only show the volume automation.
I'm looking for a shortcut to basically show all automation used within a track.

@barismanco123: When I click control + 5 (number pad) it just starts playback. I think you are describing the right function tho. Are you sure its control + 5?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorg View Post
If I alt click on the little arrow it will only show the volume automation.
Maybe it's different on a PC but on my mac when I option click that triangle it shows all automation that is used in a track. If there is nothing other than volume automation it doesn't show anything else. but if tracks have pan, mute send volume trim etc. it will show it on those tracks only, others will just show volume.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:51 AM

I'm on mac too. Thats weird. Just tried it again. You mean that little arrow that opens the automation in the bottom left of the track, right?

I doesnt make a difference for me if I click with or without any key held. I tried, control, option, shift and apple.

Could it be a HD only thing? I'm on the normal PT 9.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:14 AM

I am on PT 9 with CPTK 2 so I don't know if it makes a difference. Anyway the triangle I am referring to is in the far left of the edit window. One each track there is 2 triangles, one is right beside the track name and the other is below that pointing sideways. Option click on that and then continue to option click on the little + sign in one of the tracks until all automation is displayed.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:29 AM

Ah, I think theres a misunderstanding here.

I think it works for me what you are describing but it will basically show the volume automation on all tracks even if its not automated.

You can also do that by holding ctrl+alt+apple and then pressing the left/right arrow key. This will toggle all tracks between their view. However this does in on the track and not in the lanes.

I was looking for something like this tho:

Lets say you had a track with 3 inserts and lots of automation going on all of the inserts plus volume and pan automation. Lets say it would be overall 8 automations you are using.
I was looking for a shortcut that would now on one click only display all used automation in the lanes and not display the unused ones like mute in this case.

In Cubase its just called "show used automation". Would be great to know how to do it in PT so you can quickly see whats going on in track.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorg View Post
You can also do that by holding ctrl+alt+apple and then pressing the left/right arrow key. This will toggle all tracks between their view. However this does in on the track and not in the lanes.
Didn't know that one. Thanks!

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock