Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-27-2020, 12:35 PM

Default R.A Number for retail return pro tools 12

Hello i have Pro Tools12 Perpetual License and my updates and support plan expired i run it on my Imac it was repaired recently they upgrade my operating system to high sierra now my pro tools12.7.1 is not working properly. I Went to a Guitar Center and was sold a update and support plan renewal instead of a reinstatement. I tried to return it its been about a week and they keep telling me that they are waiting on guys to send them a r.a number. I was wondering if you can help with this r.a number thing so i can get the reinstatement instead of the renewal.

Thank you!
Old 06-27-2020, 12:41 PM

Default Re: R.A Number for retail return pro tools 12

Hi, welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you had bad luck. Someone at Avid is taking care of this soon enough. IF nothing happens, bump this thread up and we will escalate the issue.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:42 PM

How do i "bump a thread up"
Old 07-03-2020, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genao25 View Post
How do i "bump a thread up"
You dont need to do anything as Avid are doing the best they can and will help you as soon as possible.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Avid

Quote:
Hello i have Pro Tools12 Perpetual License and my updates and support plan expired i run it on my Imac it was repaired recently they upgrade my operating system to high sierra now my pro tools12.7.1 is not working properly. I Went to a Guitar Center and was sold a update and support plan renewal instead of a reinstatement. I tried to return it its been about a week and they keep telling me that they are waiting on guys to send them a r.a number. I was wondering if you can help with this r.a number thing so i can get the reinstatement instead of the renewal.

Thank you!
Hi,

Apologies for the delay. Not sure why they'd need an RA number for your renewal plan since it has not been used yet. Have you told them that it has not yet been used? I believe the RA number is needed if the product or code has been used. Can you also fill up a form at http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation then include all info including the code from GC. Then let us know the case number.

Thank you,
Tope
Old 07-09-2020, 09:02 AM

They sold me Download code so there is a step on the receipt that takes you to www.avid.com/redemption witch i did before i noticed it was the wrong type of code. then it told me to go to my products/subscriptions and enter the code there thats when i noticed it was asking for a reinstatement code instead of the renewal code that they sold me so i believe the product is activated but not actually bien used cause it wont take the code when i get to my products and subscription page (OR, for reinstatement purchases made through your Avid Reseller:) i enter the code i was sold and get a error code because i need the reinstatement not the renewal
Old 07-09-2020, 11:58 PM
Avid

Quote:
They sold me Download code so there is a step on the receipt that takes you to www.avid.com/redemption witch i did before i noticed it was the wrong type of code. then it told me to go to my products/subscriptions and enter the code there thats when i noticed it was asking for a reinstatement code instead of the renewal code that they sold me so i believe the product is activated but not actually bien used cause it wont take the code when i get to my products and subscription page (OR, for reinstatement purchases made through your Avid Reseller:) i enter the code i was sold and get a error code because i need the reinstatement not the renewal
I see! Thanks for the info! Now the code is showing errors because it's not the correct code for your license. You can start up a support case at http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation then let me know the case number so I can have the support team respond with a confirmation Email that the code has not appeared on Avid's records. Please include in the description the code you used and attach the receipt if possible.

Thanks!
Tope
Old 07-12-2020, 06:23 AM

Thank you my case number is 03980167
Old 07-12-2020, 01:16 PM
Avid

Quote:
Thank you my case number is 03980167
Thank you. I've escalated this to the licensing team.

Tope
AVID Community