Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2020, 06:02 PM

Default HD Native Card Repair

Is it possible to get an HD Native PCIe card repaired? And if yes, does anyone know where and how much?

I was trying out my card in a new motherboard CPU, and because of the case, it didn't mount properly. The System didn't see the motherboard, and then I checked in the bios and it showed it as a 1x lane card instead of a 2x lane card. I reseated and the card worked, but I think it damaged it.

Now I am getting interface timeout errors at random times, and Pro Tools 11.3.2 will not see the card until I restart. It shows an -1173 error. I thought it also might be related to heat issues, as it's been hot, but taking off the cover and watching the temp, while it seemed to solve the problem, now the errors are happening again. The motherboard is not getting hotter than usual and I still get the errors.

The problems started after the trying out the card in the other motherboard.

Any thoughts? I've checked, and the cables are fine, I've tried taking them off and reattaching them. Could the culprit could be the MADI box itself?

When I get the error, neither Pro Tools or the Avid audio plugin, or the digitest sees the card, but after restart it does see the card, and digitest reports the card is fine. It has the next to latest firmware version.

Any leads on repair places or trouble shooting tips appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png HD Native Error.png (91.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-16-2020, 06:45 PM

Default Re: HD Native Card Repair

allproelectronics.com is an Avid approved service center(based in Nashville) and a phone call might get a better answer than here. A call to any local Avid dealer might also have a lead closer to your location. Having said that, consider how expensive it might get(at $150 per hour and up) and you might shop for another card on the used market.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-16-2020, 07:40 PM

Default Re: HD Native Card Repair

Well this is the error I'm getting. I've had three today.

I've just updated the firmware for the MADI as well.

Anyone have any thoughts?

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1592361606
Attached Images
File Type: png HD Timeout.png (19.4 KB, 0 views)