Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,324
Default reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Yes it is here and improved a super lot but a paid upgrade which will be NKS within a few weeks! No more eLicenser. Cloud Only!

https://refx.com/
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2019, 02:59 PM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,142
Default Re: reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yes it is here and improved a super lot but a paid upgrade which will be NKS within a few weeks! No more eLicenser. Cloud Only!

https://refx.com/

Looks like the upgrade will be $99. I'm glad to see they've gotten rid of the eLicenser dongle and you can activate online. Still, as you know, I've not had a good experience with reFX. I may not jump on this one.
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2019.10
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,324
Default Re: reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Looks like the upgrade will be $99. I'm glad to see they've gotten rid of the eLicenser dongle and you can activate online. Still, as you know, I've not had a good experience with reFX. I may not jump on this one.
You know my offer should you change your mind. Sorry to see more disgruntled people when I googled Nexus3 updates and some who been called Pirates by refx for having installer issues etc.

Don’t know why they have soo much issues with users. We never had an issue and the update from Nexus2 to Nexus3 was great. The cloud looks up your expansion folder and updates All the expansions and installs NKS updates for all their libraries. We have em all (150-ish GB) ut it took 15 minutes or so to download all that and install so you can do everything in the cloud app now which is great.

Lotsvof awesome new sounds presets included in the updated library so no issues here atleast..

Let me know if you wanna do what i offered before as we still have that here
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2019, 09:17 AM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,142
Default Re: reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You know my offer should you change your mind. Sorry to see more disgruntled people when I googled Nexus3 updates and some who been called Pirates by refx for having installer issues etc.

Don’t know why they have soo much issues with users. We never had an issue and the update from Nexus2 to Nexus3 was great. The cloud looks up your expansion folder and updates All the expansions and installs NKS updates for all their libraries. We have em all (150-ish GB) ut it took 15 minutes or so to download all that and install so you can do everything in the cloud app now which is great.

Lotsvof awesome new sounds presets included in the updated library so no issues here atleast..

Let me know if you wanna do what i offered before as we still have that here

Appreciate that Christopher. If I understand the upgrade correctly, I should be able to just download and upgrade and not worry about the eLicenser at all. As long as I have Nexus 2 installed (which I still do), it shouldn't be an issue.



That said, I'm not rushing out on this one. I'll wait til the New Year at least!
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2019.10
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-18-2019, 03:19 AM
chrisdee's Avatar
chrisdee chrisdee is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 3,037
Cool Re: reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I've not had a good experience with reFX. I may not jump on this one.
Same here. Most of the people from support has been nice, but there is one guy wich has not
He seems like a small king that thinks the customers are there for him and not the other way around. I was even threatened with a lifetime ban after getting frustrated with a Blast from Hell issue some years ago.
I tried to point out that I only got this issue when using a particular version of Nexux 2, but he told me I had no business making assumptions about Nexus being the problem.

He made me feel both small, stupid and frustrated with his poor support skills.


Well, after a long awaited update to Nexus2 the Blast from hell issue dissapared.

Although I use Nexus2 alot in most of my sessions I probably will be skipping this version.
__________________
Christian D Hagen | I7 Builds | PT/OS Compability Chart
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-18-2019, 05:36 AM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,142
Default Re: reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Same here. Most of the people from support has been nice, but there is one guy wich has not
He seems like a small king that thinks the customers are there for him and not the other way around. I was even threatened with a lifetime ban after getting frustrated with a Blast from Hell issue some years ago.
I tried to point out that I only got this issue when using a particular version of Nexux 2, but he told me I had no business making assumptions about Nexus being the problem.

He made me feel both small, stupid and frustrated with his poor support skills.


Well, after a long awaited update to Nexus2 the Blast from hell issue dissapared.

Although I use Nexus2 alot in most of my sessions I probably will be skipping this version.

The one thing that gnaws at me, though, is that I've already invested quite a bit cash with Nexus between the actual purchase of Nexus itself plus several of the expansions. I can't use Nexus right now because my elicenser dongle got lost somehow and reFX would not allow me to simply transfer my license to a new dongle unless I re-purchased Nexus 2, which I found utterly ridiculous and told them so.



Now that Nexus 3 has done away with the need for a dongle that might justify paying the $99 upgrade cost to get N-3 and the use of all my prior purchases of expansions. I'm still not sure yet.
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2019.10
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: ReFx Nexus 2 buquifious Buy & Sell 0 02-19-2018 09:26 PM
want buy refx Nexus 2 stopi Buy & Sell 1 10-23-2017 04:53 PM
reFX Vanguard vs AIR Vacuum Pro DonaldM Virtual Instruments 2 02-25-2014 04:50 PM
ReFX NEXUS anyone? demo not working! can't contact reFX. crizdee Virtual Instruments 2 06-23-2009 02:07 PM
ReFX nexus C.Bayley Virtual Instruments 1 11-10-2008 03:47 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com