Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 09-09-2018, 06:26 AM

Default Massey CT5 no authorization

Hi there,
I've been happily using Massey's CT5 compressor which I bought ages ago. Recently when Pro Tools opens I get: “Pro Tools could not load the following plu-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged”. If continue and open a session then CT5 is inactive and gets a DAE error if I try and activate it. My other Massy plugs are working fine (L2007, CT4).

Have tried trashing the prefs, and have uninstalled and reinstalled CT5.

Specs are:
ProTools 8.0.5
Windows 10 version 1803

Today I remembered I had a clone of my C drive back on Widows version 1607. So I put that in my system and updated it to version 1803, after that CT5 goes fine on the old disc. So on my regular C drive somehow I have lost my authorisation. I would rather no have to rebuild my C drive - anyone know if there a pref file or something that I can copy over from the working disc?

Also info to make sure I'm trashing the prefs correctly would be great. There's a bunch of conflicting stuff on the web...

Thanks heaps
Potsy
Old 09-09-2018, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Massey CT5 no authorization

Massey plugins in RTAS format are serial number licensed. Have you double checked it’s still authorised? It shouldn’t cause the issue you’re describing, but worth double checking.

Have you tried emailing Steven and asking him for help/advice? He’s pretty quick in responding from my past experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2018, 08:55 PM

Thanks, I've checked my Massey account and the CT5 is still listed as authorized. I also have the L2007 limiter and it's going fine, so somehow I've lost authorization for only one. Emailed Steven a couple of times but haven't heard back yet. I'll keep mucking round...
Old 09-10-2018, 03:03 AM

Here ya go Potsy :

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...s-preferences/

Very good step by step and the only way to do the preference and database trashing.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-10-2018, 06:10 AM

Thanks Christopher and Southside Music! I'll give that a go when I have time after work tomorrow...
Old 09-10-2018, 08:55 AM

If he's really using PT 8.0.5 on Windows 10, he's lucky it even opens. I don't think Avid even lists PT 10 as compatible with Windows 10.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-11-2018, 01:17 AM

He really is using PT8 with Win10.

It goes fine. It's cheap good software and I don't need an ilok for any of my plugins. So simple. I've thought about upgrading but can't see that PT12 is worth dropping another $700 odd bucks or whatever it is just so that I have to pay even more to update my RTAS plugs. Buy BFD again $350. Buy BFD JnF pack another $350. It's just silly money when PT8 is already great. It would definitely cost enough for me to move to Reaper.

The trick to making it work was to follow the instructions for loading PT8 onto windows 7. It stopped for a bit with the "creators update", so I rolled it back to widows version 1607, but after a few weeks windows fixed whatever it was so I'm up to date and happy as!
Old 09-11-2018, 01:25 AM

...except for this issue of course, but I don't think it's because of a Windows incompatibility.

Christopher I trashed the prefs as per your guideline, no luck.

Steve replied, but all he said was the installers and key are available in my account, which since I'd already done a reinstall I obviously already know. He's prob just too busy to read everything and just sent a standard reply.

So I think I'll just rebuild the C drive. By the time I work out what the glitch is the job will be done...

Thanks heaps for your help!

Potsy