Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2018, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Transpose Shortcut Broken in 2018.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbod0 View Post
it's just this, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDYmfky-EI

i wrote my explanation about the bug in the youtube video description but basically the solution is either use shift and up/down arrow keys to transpose and don't open the transpose dialog OR use the transpose dialog exclusively and no arrow keys. if you try to go back and forth between the two different ways to transpose, you will have trouble.

ha! yes exactly what was happening to me. but yeah idk i had to restart my computer for a software install and then when i re-opened pro tools it was working just fine ―\_(ツ)_/―

computers man.

AVID messaged me back and told me to try trashing preferences first in the future and see what happens, so if a restart doesn't help you try it. do not try to buy the Trasher app, it never came and now I gotta try to get my money back haha
Old 09-10-2018, 09:06 AM

Send guitardom a PM from this forum and an email from pro-tools-pc.com. I've never had an issue with him or Trasher, he's always been quick to respond and always helpful.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-20-2018, 06:49 PM

in case anyone reads this thread:

Steve/Guitardom answered me pretty quickly on facebook and made sure i got the app file
Old 09-21-2018, 01:12 AM

He is a member here and has the link in his signature so download the TRASHER App from here:
http://www.pro-tools-pc.us/category-s/1514.htm

Updated 3-6-2018 and both Pete and Steve are great guys and a great resource here.

Or download from here Pete Gates App:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=Trasher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-21-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
the solution is either use shift and up/down arrow keys to transpose and don't open the transpose dialog OR use the transpose dialog exclusively and no arrow keys..
Yes, except "solution" should be in scare quotes. Also, the transpose dialog itself has been broken all year. There has been a bug report about it on Ideascale since about version 2018.1. The transpose dialogue on both Mac and Windows shifts things 11 semitones when an octave is chosen. Once the problem is triggered, other intervals are also sometimes wrong until you quit PT and relaunch.

I love the fact that we can shift things with [shift] arrows now. But those of us who have been using the Transpose dialog for two decades have trouble remembering not to use it.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 09-21-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Yes, except "solution" should be in scare quotes. Also, the transpose dialog itself has been broken all year. There has been a bug report about it on Ideascale since about version 2018.1. The transpose dialogue on both Mac and Windows shifts things 11 semitones when an octave is chosen. Once the problem is triggered, other intervals are also sometimes wrong until you quit PT and relaunch.

I love the fact that we can shift things with [shift] arrows now. But those of us who have been using the Transpose dialog for two decades have trouble remembering not to use it.
Until they fix it, when using the transpose dialog after touching arrow keys, you need to initialize the semitone value. even if it says 0 it will be set to 1 or -1 if you pressed the up or down arrow key.

I think this is the most hilarious bug, it's as if pro tools is being programmed by small children. The worst part is that they already had a transpose key command that doesn't break the transposing but they still went and badly programmed a new method of doing the same thing
Old 09-24-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I think this is the most hilarious bug, it's as if pro tools is being programmed by small children.
If only small children were the only people we know who don't test things before they "foist them upon an unsuspecting public."

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB