Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2008, 02:49 AM

Default Re: The Tea Room..

Quote:
Is it possible to talk avant-garde without mentioning Frank Zappa?!
He's a swordsman, I'd aspire to.

filosofem
Old 04-19-2008, 04:13 PM

Hey guys, just checking in for the weekend. Its too nice to be stuck on a computer at the moment, but unfortunately I am coding away for a project and I had a shoot to upload from an event I did last night too here. I think this shoot was my most "professional" event yet. What are you guys up to? I actually pulled my guitar out and dusted it off this afternoon and tuned up to play for a bit too. I think I am going to start working on an instrumental acoustic record over the summer just for fun and see how it turns out maybe. well, be good..
Old 04-19-2008, 05:11 PM

Hey Charlie, your quite the multi-talented artist. Any theme for this acoustic instrumental?

Myself, I'm reformatting HDD's, moving sample content and projects currently. Have a theory paper to start and finish before days end and piano practise.

Anyways...

filosofem
Old 04-20-2008, 06:38 AM

Thanks Aaron I was thinking of taking the acoustic record in a "creative/experimental" direction. Not sure if you guys have ever seen the movie August Rush, but I just saw it yesterday and it was actually semi-inspiring about how music is everywhere and there are really no limits. I think I'm to the point as an artist where I don't give a f*** what other people think and I am not going to really try to follow any trends in particular and just create what looks/sounds good for my work. Another good example of the direction I am thinking of is Doug Wood. he's never been classically or professionally trained in his life and creates all his work simply by hearing and experimenting. He's sorta like a Steve Vai/Joe Satriani for acoustic guitar in my opinion and I've seen him play many times at coffee houses.

how many hdd's you got to reformat? rebuilding the studio or just doing spring cleaning? as far as papers they always come and go faster if you start and finish them when they are assigned instead of saying "i'll do it tommorow". goodluck with that man.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:39 PM

I can actually envisage that Charlie. Listening to those Doug Wood tracks, triggered imagery of you playing similar organic structures. I look forward to a teaser!

Three, excluding the system (SATA), partitioned and loaded. Looking at PCI SATA Cards and eSATA for reading & writing sessions and backup. All sample libraries internal (WD Raptors) for DFD. That's the cheapest solution currently.

filosofem
Old 04-25-2008, 08:53 AM

Hey fools...

Tony saz HI
And..better watch yo back ! Analog is crawling back..
NJ is da dump.
NY state rocks !
NYC is where to be !

pierre

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 04-25-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Hey fools...

Tony saz HI
NJ is da dump.
NY state rocks !
NYC is where to be !

pierre
RESPECT to the family.... Great shot ...!!! .......looks like you're ready to collect some debt from "pizzaland' CLASSIC...!!

So I take it the trip went well...yeah NYC is the place. I used to gig at BB Kings as well as other places around Gramercy. Did you catch any shows?

Best,

Kenny
Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Hey fools...

Tony saz HI
NJ is da dump.
NY state rocks !
NYC is where to be !

pierre
haha, nice man. NYC shot? sent you an e-mail. gotta catch some zzz's for now. later

btw.. Kenny did the e-mail I sent answer your questions about web stuff man?
Old 04-26-2008, 06:23 AM

*grabs a cup o' tea*.... so... did you guys see the latest newb that decided to rant about his lack of education on the forums today?
Old 04-26-2008, 06:55 AM

Ok there Mr. DL,

>looks like you're ready to collect some debt from "pizzaland' CLASSIC...!!< ..nahh, they all need to be protected
Unfortunately..no shows. It was in and out during the rush our and to top it off during the Pope's visit ! Didn't even have time to stop the car.
Only reason was to visit my wife's old friend in Brooklyn.
Here is one shot from the car while driving and looking at the GPS all at the same time.: I love this place
Really hectic around here...I'll post again in a while.

Andrew

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring