Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2019, 01:08 PM

Default HDX card still only shows 256 tracks

PT 2019.5.0 Ultimate is installed, along with the driver. My HDX card was also updated in the process but only show 256 tracks when opening a previous session. How do I get the promised track increase?
Old 05-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Default Re: HDX card still only shows 256 tracks

I have read somewhere that they will update hdx voice count with the next update.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:14 PM

There is no change for hdx users in this update.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
There is no change for hdx users in this update.
Seems to be a pattern over the last 5 years......
Old 05-10-2019, 05:08 AM

Quite disappointed here over the hdx thing. The ONLY reason I renewed my subscription was for the increased voice count on hdx...now I am not sure exactly what the $400 was for. I don't know what the "near future" means. Avid could always take the hit and swap out the cards for the 15% user base where the upgrade doesn't work. the simple fact that I've kept current with my subscription should mean something.

I've been on pro tools since version 5. Been through tdm to tdm 2 to aaxdsp and 3 sets of cards (mix/accel/hdx), have owned all or most of their plugins for over 10 years or more now. I'm just not really seeing the benefit of this subscription other than putting money in Avid's pocket. At least with Waves Wup I get new plugins every year...not that I need more.

I guess natively the voice count thing is ok at best. My dante based Presonus Studio One rig has unlimited voices and a delay compensation engine up to I believe 32,000 samples. It can also record audio at buffer size of 16 samples at 44.1/48k.

Avid is losing me and has been for sometime. I hope they do something that makes me want to stay on this train other than my one sided loyalty or how heavily i've invested in them over the years.

Something...
Old 06-19-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
Quite disappointed here over the hdx thing. The ONLY reason I renewed my subscription was for the increased voice count on hdx...now I am not sure exactly what the $400 was for. I don't know what the "near future" means. Avid could always take the hit and swap out the cards for the 15% user base where the upgrade doesn't work. the simple fact that I've kept current with my subscription should mean something.

Something...
Same - Running 7.1.2 FX Sessions for films chews through the voices.

I paid my fee after Xmas, sure in the knowledge that more voices were coming in the 'near future', then I had to wait until May for 2019.5 and what do I get, nothing.... Oh, a new iPad layout for the free Control App, very helpful.

What's the point? Someone mentioned that they thought a HDX firmware update before the summer would sort this out. I'll take a bet on that, as I don't expect we'll be seeing anything new until the winter sets in. By which time, I and few other editors will probably have sold their HDX cards, bought native boxes and have pocketed the change.

I'll accept any reasonable offers for my card, if anyone's looking.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:52 PM

What a major conundrum and catch 22.
I'm on a HDN and was ecstatic when I heard PT 2019 was adding 128 track. It's a HUGE plus and major breakthrough in workflow for late 5.1 films. At first PT11 broke the 32 bit barrier going 64 with more power and first time ever utilizing the Mac Pro's potential and of course being able to use more then the 3-4GB ram limit. So paid the re-instatement plan to go PT2019.5 of 1K, because of the added 128 voice ONLY to find out that now I have more tracks and thus using more (and of course more bus/aux/etc) more CPU and getting our beloved -9173. So I was opting to give in and get an HDX card for more HP in the CPU area. Every % helps in the CPU....ONLY....to find out that not only do I end up spending $3,699 for a card (plus the re-instatement of the $1,000) but I loose my extra 128 tracks and go back to 256 after spending about 5K?

Huh?
-HD Omni
-BM Intensity Pro

-Waves Mercury+SSL4000 Collection+Abbey Roads
-iZotope RX10 Advanced
-iZotope Post Production Suite 6
-iZotope Music Production Suite 5
-HALO UP/DOWN MIX
-ANYMIX
-Delonghi Perfecta ESAM 5600.S
Old 05-09-2019, 01:15 PM

By waiting The new HDX Firmware needed some more tweaking.
You can read the whole story here: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...sive-interview
Old 05-09-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbencutter View Post
By waiting The new HDX Firmware needed some more tweaking.
You can read the whole story here: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...sive-interview
Thanks for the link. I'm glad that Avid wants to get it right, but disappointed after reading the article that there is still a "sliver" of a chance it won't work for all HDX users. I would have appreciated a great big notice in the "What's New" page first thing in bold 24 point that let us HDX users know that the major feature of this release is not included, but "hopefully" will someday work and be released. I hope it happens.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:19 PM

You've got to be kidding! That's BOGUS!! I've waited the whole year for that feature. The Read Me does not reflect that. Grrrrrr......