Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 09-17-2012, 06:04 PM

Default please help now i could use tascam us 1800 with protools 10

i mean i can get the sound come out but now i cant record i have my drum set with mics but when i want to record pro tools dont gets any signal also it just shows 2 analog inputs what should i do please help me
Old 09-18-2012, 06:30 AM

Default Re: please help now i could use tascam us 1800 with protools 10

Posting the same thing even if worded differently won't get you answer more quickly.

See this thread for your answer

Wave-T.com
Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 AM

rickluque12:

I see no reason why this unit should not work with Pro Tools. Here is a quote from the link that Emcha posted.
US-1800 APPLICATIONS
US-1800 rackmountable 16x4 channel interface
TASCAM's US-1800 packs 8 mic, 6 line and two digital inputs into a single rackspace, more inputs than any interface in its price class. The 16-in / 4-out interface works with nearly any recording software from budget to pro, including such as Logic Pro, Live, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, and Pro Tools 9. Its compact enough to carry to live gigs, or mount it in a rack in your studio.

In addition to the digital input and output, a MIDI input and output is included for interfacing with synths and drum machines. Included with the interface is Cubase LE5 recording software to get you started right out of the box.
It is basically just another ASIO interface. I suspect you just have a configuration issue. Pro Tools can be a bit tricky to get configured initially, especially if you have not worked with it before. But with a little trial and error and some help here, I bet you can get it working.

Can you give us a little more information about what you are trying to do. Are you trying to record your drums? How are things connected to the Tascam? How many inputs are you using on the Tascam? What PC Operating System are you using? Is your System recognizing the Tascam in it's device manager (or equivalent on a Mac)?

Give us some more details so we can walk you through it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:17 PM

Don't quote me for that sales pitch please. In specifications tabs where tascam usually put what the units are compatible with, pro tools is not mentioned. And nor is it in the user manual, they do how ever give a very detailed installation procedure for cubase in the us 1800 manual. And as many other users of the unit have reported, they need to set the latency settings to the max and it's unstable, or it doesn't work at all.

Wave-T.com
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM

I did not quote you, I just referenced the link you provided. I certainly did not intend to infer that you were recommending the unit. I thought that was pretty obvious from your post. I was simply trying to help someone in need. After all, that is what a user forum is all about. No offense intended.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 frets View Post
I did not quote you, I just referenced the link you provided. I certainly did not intend to infer that you were recommending the unit. I thought that was pretty obvious from your post. I was simply trying to help someone in need. After all, that is what a user forum is all about. No offense intended.
None taken, just making sure all is as it should be

Wave-T.com
Old 09-22-2012, 06:21 AM

Rick:

Congratulations!!! I thought it might be a configuration issue. PT's I/O configuration is a little hard to follow at first. There are some good lessons on YouTube on how to configure things. Glad you got it sorted. Happy recording!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:31 AM

OK , will someone PlEASE share what Rick did to sort this Tascam situation out. Thanks

Jerry
Old 09-23-2012, 08:34 AM

In this thread Rick explains that he had to modify the configuration. Perhaps he can provide more details.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=328215
Old 12-03-2013, 09:01 PM

If you've got it to play through your tascam so you can use your monitors and only have 2 "analog inputs" in the input section, go to Setup>I/O and you'll see what you have input wise. The 16 inputs will be there, displayed on a grid to the right side of the window, but not routed into pro tools. All you have to do is make new ones to go out to all your inputs which you can name however you want. (input 1-16, or Mic in 1-8, Guitar/Line 1-2 etc.) You can build off the two that are there or delete them and put them up yourself. Once you have the pathways created, just click what inputs they go to on the grid and you should be set once you close the window! Hope that helps, let me know if I need to be more clear about my directions.
Cheers!