Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-28-2018, 05:22 PM

Default Need to run legacy PT on my laptop

I had to upgrade my system when my beloved 2010 Mac Tower finally bit the dust. I am trying to recall some settings I had used in AmpliTube 3 with PT12, but I am now running 2018.7 with High Sierra, and the plugin crashes Pro Tools.

I realized that my wife's laptop is still running OS 10.8.5; so I downloaded PT11.3.2 from my account onto her laptop. I realize that the license is in the cloud, so I have used the iLok manager to remove the cloud activation from my desktop computer, and opened the Cloud session on her laptop. When I try to Launch ProTools, I still get the activation message and have to quit.

This should be so easy for me to fix - all I need is to open 3 tracks with no audio from PT 9,10,11 or 12, save the AmpliTube3 settings as presets, so I can then import them into my current setup with Amplitube 4.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Need to run legacy PT on my laptop

Cloud licensing only works with the newest couple of versions. Try moving your iLok license to a physical iLok(2 or 3) Other option: Find the preset on the old system(its in a folder somewhere assuming it is saved as an Amplitube preset) and drop that in the proper folder on the newer rig

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Need to run legacy PT on my laptop

Thanks Dave, I will see if I can figure out how to move the license to the physical iLok. If I had saved the plug-in settings as a preset, then I would not be in this mess. Lesson learned.