Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2016, 01:46 AM

Default Is there anything we can do about Artist losing connection?

Hi,

Artist Control + Win 8.5 here. Dedicated LAN interface, tried with both dynamic and static IPs. It just disconnects after a random time.

I am reading through this forum and its really discouraging. Same issue on many many different computers/setups. I wonder if this just happens to everybody, or if maybe there´s a batch of faulty units..dont know.

Can i, as a user, do anything about it? I wouldnt like to start a eternal email conversation with Avid´s support before asking here.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2016, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Is there anything we can do about Artist losing connection?

Are you using Wifi? The only EuCon troubles I've had were related to Wifi. If I connect to Wifi whilst EuControl is running, the controllers can lose connection. If I start the Wifi first and then EuControl, everything is fine.

Might be worth disabling your Wifi and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_BCN View Post
Can i, as a user, do anything about it? I wouldnt like to start a eternal email conversation with Avid´s support before asking here.
Hi

I do notice as well more often than in previous EuControl versions, that the connection between the DAW application (in my case Cubase PRO 8.5.10) and the Artist controllers get lost.

I didn't figure out, what's really the basic problem with that, as well as it is not reproducible.
Some time, I log-in to the internet or log-out of the internet, which doesn't have any relation to the Ethernet port (is all made by USB-port) and loose the connection. Sometime I can do it several times and keep the connection.

I'm not a PC/IT guy. Therefore I just have to wait either for a bugfix on EuControl or the now using workstation goes down and I have to buy another one

Cheers
https://sites.google.com/site/alrecordingstudio/
1pc AVID Artist Control and 1pc Euphonix MC Mix
Win11 64Bit, Cubase Pro 12.0.52
Old 03-03-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_BCN View Post
Hi,

Artist Control + Win 8.5 here. Dedicated LAN interface, tried with both dynamic and static IPs. It just disconnects after a random time.

I am reading through this forum and its really discouraging. Same issue on many many different computers/setups. I wonder if this just happens to everybody, or if maybe there´s a batch of faulty units..dont know.

Thanks
Make sure your USB and Ethernet port options don't allow the computer to shut them down to save power.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:23 AM

For cubase, i read somwhere, that on a mac using a usb sound card there is somtimes an issue with the soundcards via USB when the computer is idleing, I wonder if that type of thing could be affecting the Eucon.
I don't lose connextion and I have the eucons directly into a small switch, which is plugged into the mac. I do, however, have cubase crash affter leaving it idle for a few hours.

Also, I don't have my Eucon load automatically- and one thing I've noticed, when it reloads, it never remembers to re assign the four faders on the control.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:30 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I am not using Wifi at all.

Make sure your USB and Ethernet port options don't allow the computer to shut them down to save power.

Can you please explain how to to that in Windows 8?