Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2015, 10:59 AM

Default Pro Tools 10 (non HD) allowed multiple videos on a track, but Pro Tools 11 does not?

So on my personal setup, I have Pro Tools 10 (non-HD) and use it every day. I have many sessions that contain several video clips on a single track and I spot those videos with sound (my standard workflow). I do not have CPTK. However, on my work setup, I upgraded from Pro Tools 10 to 11 and no longer do I have the option of multiple video clips?? Now that requires HD? It doesn't appear they even allow the video clip to be repositioned on the timeline after initial import?

So Avid continues to remove features we previously had. It's clear they're continually redefining what a non-HD (or in their eyes, non-pro) user is worthy of. I've been using PT since 1999 when I first purchased a PTIII system and later the Digi 002 and 003 systems and have had training at Digi, so I have experienced the increasing neglect to the LE and non-HD users, since Avid took over. Further, what they push as advanced or revolutionary features, other DAWs have had for years. They still can't even make their drivers work with hibernation - something every other company has proved works flawlessly.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 (non HD) allowed multiple videos on a track, but Pro Tools 11 does n

talk about a fish wrapper of a post (very old news)

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig