Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2015, 10:59 AM

Default Saphire 24 pro won't initialise

I'm setting up a new PC with Pro Tools 11.3 and Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 interface. I have what I think are the latest drivers from http://global.focusrite.com/download...Saffire+PRO+24. Saffire MixControl comes up OK and the input responds to the mic. Saffire also appears as selectable in the Pro Tools I/O (e.g. A1) but when I press play or try to record I get a 'Pro Tools could not initialize the Saffire' message. I tried making use sample rates were the same to no affect.
I installed the interface and drivers before installing PT11 and have also re-installed in the same order following a complete system clean and defrag but without any joy.
Any one got any ideas?
Old 04-22-2015, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Saphire 24 pro won't initialise

Make your onboard soundcard the default for Windows audio/sounds and leave the Focusrite for Pro Tools only. This may help - and is an undocumented optimization. Speaking of which, please see the Help Us Help You thread, do all the optimizations and, if you're still having issues, post a Sandra report.

Getting the Trasher app and learning how to use it, as well as having a system backup plan, are both great ideas.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction