Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 07:50 AM

Default Ergonimical Studioz/What\'s urz???

It's been said that if your studio is set up to your way of working, it releases the creativity? (Pre-Production, Home Studio, and project studio owners)...
Personally I have 3 monitors, 2 repeat for Reason 3.0 which is set up right in front of my screen.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Ergonimical Studioz/What\'s urz???

Ok, I was in a rush when I wrote the initial ergonimical setup. This is what I got: 3 monitors, 1 for viewing PTs and 2 for Reason 3.0. The other repeated one is set in front of my keyboard controller so I can view the Reason monitor screen. The others are set side-by side. I have it all surrounding me like I'm a pilot. I know it may sound basic or wierd to some, but before I didn't care how it was set up, my creativity went down a notch and I noticed. Be sure you're creating a environment for creativity. Keep ur studios clean and organized and take frequent breaks without losing the vibe. That's my advice. Any little creative secrets for me???
Old 07-03-2006, 09:18 AM

Sorry, I simply can't respond to a post with two z's in words that don't actually have z's.

That said, I think most people set stuff up in a manner that allows them to work comfortably and efficiently. The obviousness of this is probably the reason your post hasn't gone to multiple pages of responses. I figured I'd chime in so you don't feel totally ignored.

I mean, how many ways can one say..."yeah, I have my displays in front of me, and my keyboard and mouse nearby. Then I have my rack over on the left (or right), I have a comfortable chair, and blah blah blah?"

And forgive me, but "keep your studio clean and take frequent breaks" sounds more like a mother's advice than a creativity tip.
Why not also add "brush your teeth and wash your hands?"

But SERIOUSLY, thank you for a very thought provoking topic.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:02 AM

Quote:
I have it all surrounding me like I'm a pilot. (...) before I didn't care how it was set up, my creativity went down a notch and I noticed. Be sure you're creating a environment for creativity.
I don't understand you. How is it creative to be surrounded by knobs? Technology engourages to tweak something, which is technical and therefore counter-creative. Creative environment would be like hiding all tech you can and for example plant a tree in the middle of your control room. Crazy, eh? Well, IMO, creativity is crazy and non-technical.

But once you have that creative idea, you'd better be able to implement it so good to have your tech handy. Is this what you meant? Or do technology spur creativity in you? I guess that can happen. We're all different.

My creative environment is a 100" movie screen between the speakers and a forest view in the window.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 AM

I think creativity is when ur able to move fast in the studio without stopping and searching. That's why MPC's are so much in demand. So when I surround myself it's for the purpose of creating a vibe. Can't do the stop, think, record stuff...I like the plant idea though.