Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 08:43 PM

Default Novation midi-keyboards

I was wondering how will the Novation Remote (SL to be specific) keyboard work with pro tools. I assume the keyboard itself is not going to have problems but I was wondering about the other controls.

P.S. I realize that on the site they don't mention pro tools as supported
Old 06-07-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Novation midi-keyboards

anyone?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:04 AM

Novation have recently released an update to the SL range that includes an emulation of the CS-10 control surface as a manual template. This lets you select it manually from the SL in order to have the faders map to the mixer faders, mutes and such. It's not fully set up, but it's a start. I'm planning on tweaking mine to make it more usable - I'll post the template up here when I do.

As yet there is no 'Automap' template that automatically maps all the controls to any plug in that you might use like in Reason, Cubase, Logic or Ableton. It may come in the future, but due to the different type of architecture in Pro Tools I imagine it might take a while. Also, Digi and Focusrite aren't exactly best buddies any more, what with the Saffire range stepping on the MBox's toes and all that.

Other than that, my 25SL is a wonderful bit of kit - loads of controllers, nice keyboard, XY pad, big LCD displays, loads of templates and it looks sexy.

If the Automap feature becomes a reality it will truly be the best MIDI controller out there - using this feature in Reason, Logic and Ableton Live is amazing for workflow and creative inspiration.

Peace

Sonny
Old 06-08-2006, 10:39 AM

Thanks for this answere mate it really helped.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:56 PM

Just bought a ReMOTE 61 SL and it's a fantastic controller. Question for you Sonny. I just installed the CS-10 emulation and it seems to be working. However, I can't figure out how to swith between groups of faders and also the track names don't show up on the Novation's screen. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Thanks,

Eric
Old 06-12-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Just bought a ReMOTE 61 SL and it's a fantastic controller. Question for you Sonny. I just installed the CS-10 emulation and it seems to be working. However, I can't figure out how to swith between groups of faders and also the track names don't show up on the Novation's screen. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Thanks,

Eric
Use the left and right cursors to switch between banks of 8 tracks. As Sonny said, the template provided is not really set up completely. It needs tweaking. Im not sure if the cursor buttons were included. You will not see the track names because the template is not an automap and therefore will not recieve visual feedback from the PT interface. That will only happen when there is Automap. Until then you have to put up with Fader 1, Fader 2 etc (or whatever you set them as). Last I heard from Novation, they have the go ahead from Digi to develop a HUI emulation which is expected to give the same results as Automap. They are looking into it but it will leikely be down the track that it becomes a reality.
1GB RAM
2 X Seagate Barracuda 80GB HDD
Novation Remote SL MIDI Controller