Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2015, 08:42 AM

Default ProTools 10 to 11 and plugin settings/defaults

Hi
Making the transition from 10 to 11 HD on OS 10.8.5. Relatively smooth except for the fact that all my plug-in settings and defaults that I've been using and tweaking for years are all gone when I use PT 11. Is there a way I can just port over all these settings files from PT 10 to PT 11 so that when I open a plug-in it comes up with my saved default settings?
Old 05-26-2015, 06:19 PM

Question

When you launch Pro Tools v11.x for the first time, it automatically copies the contents of /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-In Settings to ~/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings. Did that not happen on your system? You could copy the missing presets from one directory to the other.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
When you launch Pro Tools v11.x for the first time, it automatically copies the contents of /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-In Settings to ~/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings. Did that not happen on your system? You could copy the missing presets from one directory to the other.
Ah. I see that folder in the Documents folder, but it doesn't seem to be the same as what was in my ApplicationSupport/Digidesign/Plug-In Settings/ folder. Doesn't seem to have my custom presets, just stock ones. . . . I just manually dragged everything from the old folder to the new one in Documents and everything show's up. However, it's not recognizing my saved settings as defaults, so it seems I'll have to load the preset, then save it as default again. All in all, not a big deal! Beats remaking 100+ presets. . . . Thanks for chiming in with the help.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:19 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
Thanks for chiming in with the help.
You are welcome!
Old 01-13-2016, 05:36 PM

Default Re: ProTools 10 to 11 and plugin settings/defaults

Greetings!

I hope this it the right thread... I am also experiencing plugin settings troubles in ProTools 11.

My main problem is that the delay plugin is gone, and, from what I've found, has been replaced by "Mod Delay III."

Which is fine, but now my delay settings on ProTools 10 are totally gone. I cannot recall any mixes from before I made the switch.

I also switched some McDSP LE v5 plugins to the full-blown v6 versions, and those settings are all reset in my sessions. I have an email out to them, though.

Do I have to start over on my mixes?

- James
Old 01-14-2016, 09:46 AM

Lightbulb Re: ProTools 10 to 11 and plugin settings/defaults

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilletts View Post
My main problem is that the delay plugin is gone, and, from what I've found, has been replaced by "Mod Delay III."

Which is fine, but now my delay settings on ProTools 10 are totally gone. I cannot recall any mixes from before I made the switch.

Do I have to start over on my mixes?

- James
You have two options:
  1. Open a mix in Pro Tools 10, make a note of the Mod Delay II settings, then open the mix in Pro Tools 11 and enter the same settings into a Mod Delay III plug-in.
  2. Upgrade to Pro Tools v12, which has forward compatibility for almost all Mod Delay II parameters to Mod Delay III. I think there is one parameter that does not get mapped from II-->III when using Pro Tools v12.