How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2014, 10:58 PM

Default Dummy question :-(

Hi.
Long ago, I got MBOX Micro with Protools LE 8.0, installed it on my old Computer.
Now, I got a new machine that should work excellent with that program -
but how do I find out again all the necessary serials and activation keys? I know there is one number on the MBox, and some numbers on the box containing all the Installation disks: But which is which?
I even do not recall if I registered my PT way back then...
The only Thing is, I had received a conformation mail for this forum on May 6th, 2010.
I feel it's a hard thing to navigate to the answer of my real dummy question, since I do not know really where to start searching.
Thanks in advance for your patience.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Dummy question :-(

if you registered your product http://www.avid.com/US/account/orientation

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 10-07-2014, 11:20 PM

Thankx for your immediate reply, Craig,
The thing is, I do not seem to have registered at that time. :-(At least, I do not find any records that I created an Avid Master Account where that Information should be.
I tried to create it this morning, and I am still waiting for a confirmation mail for quite some time. (I tried to link that new account to this forum's account, and all I got is the message,
"The username and/or password cannot be validated, or your account is locked out or has not been approved yet."
All I have to state is that key on the MboxMicro, and some number of the DVD Installation set, but those are no numbers starting with DIGI0800.
Maybe, if I reassemble my old PC (the main HD is not deleted yet), I can find the needed information in the registry? Search by DIGI0800* ?
Thank you
Werner
Old 10-08-2014, 07:42 PM

I believe there is(was, anyway) a program that would analyze and report on all software, with codes. If memory serves, I think it was called Belarc. In any case, what OS is on your new machine. The wrong OS will stop PT dead in its tracks. Windows 7 works, as long as you run the 8.0.5 updater. Windows 8? I have no idea. And, since LE requires Digi/avid hardware, you might be better off searching for a deal on a second hand license for 9 or 10

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-09-2014, 03:13 AM

Hi, and thanks for your replies.
I still got the Mbox Micro, so after installing PTLE8.0 on my machine (Win 7 home premium 64bit SP1 things should work.
I reassembled my old machine, deinstalled a lot of programs and threw out a lot of old files that were not related to PT in any way.
Then I checked the registry searching for DIGI08, no match. Then I used the classical Windows search and found an email to an address I only scarcely use nowadays, and I found:

"Tue, 18 May 2010 11:26:45 PDT
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:26:45 -0700 (PDT)
to: [myself]
X-Mailer: digidesign.com
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 18 May 2010 18:26:45.0961 (UTC) FILETIME=[AC0F4390:01CAF6B7]

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<title>Product Registration</title>

"http://www.digidesign.com/protools8&ref=reg">
http://akwww2.digidesign.com/registr...ail_header.jpg

Thank You for Registering Pro Tools!
You are receiving this email because there was a problem registering the following product(s):

"http://akwww.digidesign.com/images/shadow_top.jpg"
Your Registration Details
Error:
The registration code you entered was not found or has already been used.

There was a problem with your registration.
Please contact customer service.
Purchased: 2010-04-10</td>
"
and so on.
Later in that mail there I found the code I had been using for registration, and I remember I had copied it from the window filled during installing process. So the serial I got there should be allright, technically.
The registration will be another topic when I go again.
Anyway: I have seen your note about updating, but I suppose that should work once the Installation of PTLE8.0 is completed and the PC has rebooted.
I write that here because it might be that in 1 of 1000 cases someone else might have a similar trouble, so here's the solution.
Not the registry, but Windows search with the Initial of the Serial.
So I tried to Register my proTools again, prior to installing.
I could enter the key I found in that email, but funny. selecting the product led me to stuff i do not have at all. Even worse, the purchase date April 10, 2010, I could not enter, since the last year available in the dropdown calendar was 2011. So in case I registered a wrong product, here I repeat, I got Pro Tools LE 8.0 with MBOX2 Micro. Anyone of customer Service to read this? Hello?

Thanks.

Last edited by Wire57; 10-09-2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: New facts
Old 10-09-2014, 01:38 PM

How can I link my forum account to the AVID Master account, by the way? When I am in the Master account, I see a link "Link your account to community" or so, when I click on it, I am referred to the VIDEO community.
But I have made an ASC inquiry and I'd have liked that the colleagues there can see what I've been posting here. I do not wish to say everything twice. ;-)
Old 10-09-2014, 03:44 PM

only the MC guys can link there form to there accounts

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 10-11-2014, 12:51 AM

Hi again.
Installed PT LE 8.0 according to the described procedures on my PC, rebooted it, placed the Mbox2Micro in the USB Slot, tried to Launch PT.
First, all the plug ins did not work because they required an authorization "iLok", which I did not seem to find. Installation disk? Or Is it in the MBox?
I did not even get to enter the "DIGI0800...", because the Launch was quitted with error message 1115 DAE was not found.
What is DAE, please?
Do I have to place the MBox in another slot?
If I can't get this launched, I will have lost the entire purchase. :-(((
Old 10-11-2014, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Windows 7 works, as long as you run the 8.0.5 updater.
So, have you downloaded and installed PT v 8.05? (don't un-install PT, just run the updater).
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...7?popup=true_1

Also, download & install latest drivers. Scroll down to 'Windows Releases' and click on 9.0.2.65 link.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-Micro-Drivers

This won't solve the authorization problem but you won't get PT running without doing these steps.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 10-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Thanks for your reply.
I gave up and reset the system to a point prior of installing PT. :-(
I looked for the updater in the programme, which lead me to 8.0.1, and I felt I'd have to work through at least 5 updates before coming to 8.0.5, but now, as you say I could directly jump, after installing PT 8.0, to that latest version, I could try again. But what's that stuff about iLok? PT 8.0 came without that, so do I have to skip all those cool plugins like "cosmonaut voice" and so on?
Please let me know, that would at least save me some time.
And: What is the time to enter that "DIGI0800..." key? Only after first launch? I wasn't prompted to as far as I got... As I wrote previously, I detected that code in my old PC before putting it to final sleep ;-) so I can try to do things as you suggested:
I install it from my set of disks, then I run the updater you quoted here (reboot in advance of the updater recommended?), and proceed.