Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | First Discussion

Old 08-28-2017, 10:31 PM

Default Was loving 12.8 until my non-cloud files disappeared

One of the most frustrating limitations of PT|First has got to be the fact that you could only have 3 projects on the go at a time (unless you pay to remove that barrier, which I did.) A close second was the time that it took to upload my files to the cloud in order to close out a project for the time being.

With version 12.8 I noticed right away that I now had the option of NOT uploading my files to the cloud, which permitted me to save the projects directly to my hard drive. HOORAY!

That is, until today when I went to make an update to a project file. In the create/open window none of my projects saved without the cloud were listed. They seem to have vanished entirely. Does anyone know where they went or if they will come back? This is a major concern. I checked the ProTools folder in the Documents folder where the cache is kept and they are not there. A search for the files produces nothing except for the files that I exported using a mixdown.