Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-20-2019, 09:15 AM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
Farewell Avid...

......Your plan is to force them into subscription.........
No, no, no no! That's how rich this whole thing is. The folks getting the shaft are the ones already paying the equivalent to the subscription fees already. The ones who are avoiding the fees altogether are left alone. That's right. The very customer sector they want to eliminate are the ones who could care less if a program they do not participate in gets hiked. The ones who are not realizing their perpetual benefits are already playing along are the ones getting it broke off in their back-sides.

Yes - If Avid gets their wish, Avid gains nothing at all. NOTHING. Unless, of course, the number of long term customers with perpetual licenses that decided to pay this new premium is greater than the number who get fed up and either jump ship or change their systems to perpetual.

They will lose some customers for even more bad will.
They will cause some customers not affected to become less trusting. (who gets targeted next? Better prepare.)
The also eliminate the only vanilla group with something to lose by jumping ship that is still paying an ongoing fee. The perpetual license is an up-front investment that vanilla subscribers do not have. It is a bigger emotional or theoretical tie than the simple $100 expense from this hike.

Avid themselves do not even WANT to end up with anyone paying this hike.

I'm incredulous. There might be some sort of benefit in some fairy-tale land of unicorns and sheet-cakes, but there is no financial reward. The fairy-tale land of unicorns and sheet-cakes might be what they are able to report quarterly. I'm just grasping at straws here. Why else does one trash their best and most loyal Vanilla customers?

It's absurd. I don't think that's what the board meant when they said to "make Logic irrelevant".
Old 06-20-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
I've been with Pro Tools since V5. That's says something in itself.

Avid lost the mantra of stability that Digesign flew for so long

V7.3 here and I would have to imagine that some of that stability was tied into Mac being a simpler OSX Kernel back then, and now it is trying to be to many things when we just want a machine to run PT with
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:25 AM

Doesn’t Studio One come with Melodyne Essential? A $99 value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-20-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
No, no, no no! That's how rich this whole thing is. The folks getting the shaft are the ones already paying the equivalent to the subscription fees already. The ones who are avoiding the fees altogether are left alone. That's right. The very customer sector they want to eliminate are the ones who could care less if a program they do not participate in gets hiked. The ones who are not realizing their perpetual benefits are already playing along are the ones getting it broke off in their back-sides.

Yes - If Avid gets their wish, Avid gains nothing at all. NOTHING. Unless, of course, the number of long term customers with perpetual licenses that decided to pay this new premium is greater than the number who get fed up and either jump ship or change their systems to perpetual.

They will lose some customers for even more bad will.

They will cause some customers not affected to become less trusting. (who gets targeted next? Better prepare.)

The also eliminate the only vanilla group with something to lose by jumping ship that is still paying an ongoing fee. The perpetual license is an up-front investment that vanilla subscribers do not have. It is a bigger emotional or theoretical tie than the simple $100 expense from this hike.

Avid themselves do not even WANT to end up with anyone paying this hike.

I'm incredulous. There might be some sort of benefit in some fairy-tale land of unicorns and sheet-cakes, but there is no financial reward. The fairy-tale land of unicorns and sheet-cakes might be what they are able to report quarterly. I'm just grasping at straws here. Why else does one trash their best and most loyal Vanilla customers?

It's absurd. I don't think that's what the board meant when they said to "make Logic irrelevant".

I was good with the $99 renewals. That’s cheaper than what Netflix is now. If they went up $20 or $30 that wouldn’t be bad but a $100!!! Increase. Nah just Nah.

After August 2020 I’m done renewing.

I really should of kept my $99 plus tax I paid to beat the increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-20-2019, 09:56 AM

Default ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

You know what ?
Avid does not care what we think! They laugh while reading us, proud of their stupidity!
They are so certain of their fact that we can only wish them a good bankruptcy! One last renewal the time of the transition on another daw and bye, ciao, hasta nunca baby! I wont be back!

WIP house Prod
MAC Pro "Trash can" - Pro Tools HDX + Ultimate 2021.12/Avid C|24/S3/ProTools|Dock. Blackmagic.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:28 AM

Happily using Cubase Pro 10 and freezing Pro Tools at this version.
Works for me. I'll save 100 bucks a year.
Focusrite Clarett 8preX/Audient ID22 / UA Apollo Twin Duo-Thunderbolt / Harrison Mixbus and Mixbus 32c/ Wavelab Pro 9.5/Cubase Pro 10/ Logic Pro-X/Final Cut ProX/NI Komplete 10/Reaktor 6/ Kontakt 6/Cinematic Studio Strings/Solo String/Piano/ Synthogy American Steinway D/Superior Drummer 3.0 NY Studio/Omnisphere 2.6/ Collection/Waves Grand Masters/Waves Abbey Road Plates/Waves Gold/Waves H-Delay&H-Comp/Many UAD2 Plugins
Old 06-20-2019, 10:43 AM

I noticed now that I have upgraded my Education eligibility, that I can purchase a renewal now on my Avid My Products page for $99 and extend my Sept. 17, 2019 1 year for $99.

QUESTION. So if I wait until July 1 the price will double to $199? Should I renew now to save $100? Do I have this right AVID?
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 06-20-2019, 11:31 AM

I'm really appreciating how active Avid staff are on the boards to explain their new policies. It's like they lobbed the grenade and legged it.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 06-20-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
I'm really appreciating how active Avid staff are on the boards to explain their new policies. It's like they lobbed the grenade and legged it.
I wouldn't want their job right now and the mod's probably don't know any more than we do.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
I noticed now that I have upgraded my Education eligibility, that I can purchase a renewal now on my Avid My Products page for $99 and extend my Sept. 17, 2019 1 year for $99.

QUESTION. So if I wait until July 1 the price will double to $199? Should I renew now to save $100? Do I have this right AVID?
Avid is nowhere to be found but the answer is YES extend your support another year before 7/1/2019 for $99.

Some members have purchased MULTIPLE YEARS. As in if you buy 2 years support now at $99 each it is the same price as ONE YEAR of support after 7/1/2019 at $199.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield