Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 01-12-2020, 03:35 AM

Default S6L snapshots and mix presets

Hi everybody.

I'm a bit of a newbie on my S6L - just recently transferring from another brand.

A quick question about snapshots in stage monitoring use... I have a show with around 20-30 songs which I need to run on a snapshot-per-song -basis. The house band is rehearsing on day one running through all the songs so I have different mixes per player per song. Then on day two I have the guests vocalists coming in... Some of them are performing 2-3 songs so my issue is the following.

Is there a way to store a "mix preset" i.e. the send levels from input channels to a certain mix and then loading that preset in another snapshot? I would need this to recall the next song to be rehearsed without affecting the already rehearsed band mixes and being able to load the previous guest mix. One workaround I've been using is to unscope the guest mix from "User aux scope" while recalling the song and then re-scoping it immediately after recalling - this works but takes some time and I was thinking of a more convenient way to do this.

Am I missing something obvious or is this just an RTFM issue? Thanks.

-Klas
Old 01-13-2020, 09:33 AM

Default Re: S6L snapshots and mix presets

I would say that your fix is the one, but I would also join the Facebook S6L group and ask Paddi Krause the same question. He's the MON guy for Toto and is a beast on the S6L.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:52 AM

I know it's been a while since you asked this, but here's another option. If you've only got a few extra people coming in, and you have Aux mixes to spare, you can create duplicates. Use the Copy Aux From function to duplicate your original mix, re-patch your outputs and make the adjustments for the guest performers. Then you only have to change your output patch to go back to the original mix. I'd probably also create new channels for those guests and mute/unmute the appropriate ones per mix.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:05 PM

This is actually a great idea. You could also use Events to trigger a Momentary Snapshot that changed the patching for each extra Aux mix using either the corresponding Color switch or even fader position as the triggering action. Fader above -60dB triggers Aux to patchbay outs 31-32, fader below -60dB triggers Aux to normal patchbay outputs.