Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2018, 12:20 PM

Default S3L Virtual Soundcheck issue

I'm having some trouble with our S3L and virtual soundcheck. Right now, our console is on Venue 4.5.2. My computer is a 2015 macbook pro running Sierra. I; currently on Pro Tools 12.5.
About two weeks ago, I was able to connect to my Mac using the B port on the S3, and Pro Tools worked great. Nothing has changed and it just stopped working.

Then two weeks go by and I plug in using the same cable and port, and Pro Tools just freezes without letting me do anything. I've tried everything I can think of as far as trouble shooting: New cat5 cable, different port on my Mac, different thunderbolt adapter, rebooting computer and the S3L, all that. Now the S3L doesn't even recognize my Mac as an external device on the Devices tab. I did not update my console or my Mac.

When I press play in Pro Tools, The stop button stays blue and the play button just flashed. Wait for MIDI note is not selected. My S3L is in Virtual soundcheck mode as well. I've also tried different Pro Tools sessions and that hasn't helped either.

I have noticed that in the Pro Tools peripherals menu, it says the Venue system is "inactive". Venue Link is enabled, but it says it's not connected.

Any ideas? Do I just need need to update my S3L to 4.6? You think that would solve my problem?
Old 02-14-2018, 06:20 AM
Avid

Default Re: S3L Virtual Soundcheck issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by iworkforaschool View Post
Any ideas? Do I just need need to update my S3L to 4.6? You think that would solve my problem?
1. Sierra is not supported at the moment.
2. Updating to 4.6.1 likely won't solve your issue, but you still should update.
3. One-time quick check: try updating Engine I/O firmware (Options->Devices, Ctrl+right-click on Engine and choose "Update I/.O Firmware"). However it likely won't help.
3. If I were you, I would start with wiping Mac and reinstalling Mac OS. This would give me a clean Mac/PT side, which is IMHO the primary suspect.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:16 AM

Default Re: S3L Virtual Soundcheck issue

And ALWAYS check with Avid for OS compatibility before making a computer purchase or OS update.