Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-25-2017, 04:58 PM

Default Midi problems in pro tools 10 (time issues)

Hi, I've been trying to figure this out for a really long time to the point where I just started using other DAW for my midi work.

The problem is that I try to record something through a keyboard (An m audio keystation 88 and I even tried to use my nanokey2 but there was no difference) the timing seems fine, but when I playback what I've just recorded everything is out of time.

I tried to change the buffer size to the lowes posible value and that didn't help, as I said before, the timing seems to be right when I'm recording but it sounds off during playback, Is there any way to fix this? I'd really like to use pro tools for midi because I've beeng using pro tools for several years now and it takes a lot of time to learn shortcuts and stuff for a new DAW.
Besides I really like working with video in pro tools, I use it for post production and it would be great If I could record using midi properly too.