Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Default Exporting individual tracks with plugins. Any way yet?

Hey all,

I've been using Pro Tools for quite a while now, so I'm a little embarrassed to even ask this.

I'm pretty sure there was no way to do this before, but I'm hoping things have changed. I have many Pro Tools sessions with individual tracks with plugins that I want to individually export and then import into Ableton to prepare for a live setting. Is there a way to export each track individually, including the plugin processing so each individual track exports and plays back the exact same way it sounds in Pro Tools?

The only way I can think of doing this is to solo each track and bounce each track down separately or to bus each track to new audio tracks and 'print' the effects and then export those tracks. The first option would take an incredibly long time (especially since I have multiple sessions to do) and the second option would also be time consuming and I would also risk running out of audio tracks.

I know in Logic, something like this would take no time.

Any ideas? If this is not doable, why in the world has Pro Tools not made this easier?

Thanks a ton!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Exporting individual tracks with plugins. Any way yet?

Pro Tools is real-time and therefore cannot process the audio faster-than-real-time. You could apply the processing to each track using the AudioSuite version of the plug-ins and then export the file. Only thing that wouldn't be there would be any automation.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 10-17-2011, 05:29 PM

While holding CONTROL (mac) select the output of each track, so that it routes to a new audio track. Once this is done for every single track that you want to export, record enable all the new tracks and record the processed audio to the new tracks, then select each region one at a time, hit CMMND + SHFT + K to export the audio.

As far as I know there is no easy way to do what you want but this will get it done.
Pro Tools 10.0
Apogee Duet
M-Audio BX5A's
Old 10-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I figured it was going to be a hassle. Ah well. Now to figure out the easiest, yet a decent way to set up a session in Ableton for live backing tracks for a full set.

Any tips?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:10 AM

You could set up sends to new tracks and record them all at once time with the plug ins.
THen you will see new .wavs in your audio folder, just drag them out to abelton or wherever...plus this way they will all line up perfectly.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:36 AM

I do it this way too. Set up all your outputs to new audio tracks, and record them. If the mix is particularly intense you might have to do it in two halves or whatever. Occasionally I get clients who want to take away their sessions as WAV stems and this is the only way to do it. It's still a ballache compared to just giving them the PTF files

Hackintosh: MacOS Catalina, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, RX580
Pro Tools Studio, RME RayDAT PCIe
http://www.liamgaughan.com
Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Yes there is a way to do this very efficiently too.

It's like a freeze track function:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=205784

You'll see a link to a site taht has a quicktime showing you how it works.

Super helpfull if you have a track with several plug ings and want to free it up.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater05 View Post
While holding CONTROL (mac) select the output of each track, so that it routes to a new audio track. Once this is done for every single track that you want to export, record enable all the new tracks and record the processed audio to the new tracks, then select each region one at a time, hit CMMND + SHFT + K to export the audio.

As far as I know there is no easy way to do what you want but this will get it done.
There may be a slightly faster way of doing this.

IF your tracks are all set to go out the same output (Stereo 1/2, for example) and you wanted to ADD a bus output to every track that cascaded (track 1 to bus 1/2, track 2 to bus 3/4, etc) you could:

1. Hold option+command while clicking on the first track and selecting bus 1/2. This will cascade all tracks following with one higher output bus pair (the next track would have bus 3/4 as it's output and so on).
2. Hold control+option while clicking the output of the first track and selecting your 'main' output again (whatever the output was that you had initially had set for the output of the track).

The result is that you now have each track set with it's output both to the main output plus a cascading output to route each track to it's own bus.

A few things to keep in mind!

1. If you're using busses already for routing sends, etc. you'll want to make sure to select the first open bus AFTER the LAST bus used for a send - otherwise you will end up with tracks whose output is routed to a bus used for a send.
2. IF you already have tracks that are routed to a different output than the 'main' output you'll want to exclude them from the 'do to all' (option key) selection when making your output changes. To do this properly use shift in combination with the above keyboard shortcuts so that it only applies it to selected tracks.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater05 View Post

I am on Prtools10, why to hold control to route to a new track ?
Old 10-09-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
Yes there is a way to do this very efficiently too.

It's like a freeze track function:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=205784

You'll see a link to a site taht has a quicktime showing you how it works.

Super helpfull if you have a track with several plug ings and want to free it up.
I AM ON PT10, so what is your conclusion to "freeze" as fastest as possible audio tracks?