Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 07-30-2017, 05:28 PM

Default M-Audio CTRL 49 Problems

Hi everybody, let me first just put down my setup. Protools 12, RME babyface Pro, Windows 10, and a bunch of other stuff thats not relevant to this problem.

Im here to ask if anyone is aware of a M-Audio CTRL 49 and VIP software tutortial for Protools. Im using USB because MIDI just dosnt work. My issue here is getting the CTRL 49 to operate properly. Like it keeps telling me "unable to communicate with M-audio keyboard, however, the keys work, the transport work but everything else doesnt. I just need a tutorial on how to set it up via Midi Preferences, Peripherals.

Everything is enable, I have attached some pictures of my setup. Does anyone know of a tutorial on VIP software or CTRL 49. All the links on M-audio site do not work and youtube doesnt have any either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (40.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (42.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-30-2017, 05:50 PM

Default Re: M-Audio CTRL 49 Problems

Like Im also trying to use my plugins like Omnisphere and Kontakt, but i dont know how to route them, No matter wat I do it always plays the main track VIP software is on. Are there any tutorials on routing in the VIP software?
Old 07-31-2017, 04:11 AM

Default Re: M-Audio CTRL 49 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legittimo View Post
Hi everybody, let me first just put down my setup. Protools 12, RME babyface Pro, Windows 10, and a bunch of other stuff thats not relevant to this problem.

Im here to ask if anyone is aware of a M-Audio CTRL 49 and VIP software tutortial for Protools. Im using USB because MIDI just dosnt work. My issue here is getting the CTRL 49 to operate properly. Like it keeps telling me "unable to communicate with M-audio keyboard, however, the keys work, the transport work but everything else doesnt. I just need a tutorial on how to set it up via Midi Preferences, Peripherals.

Everything is enable, I have attached some pictures of my setup. Does anyone know of a tutorial on VIP software or CTRL 49. All the links on M-audio site do not work and youtube doesnt have any either.
You don't use the VIP s/w with PT - VIP is only for working outside of a daw program. I suggest you watch and pay attention to the 5 videos on the product page for the keyboard. There may be driver s/w that has to be loaded for the keyboard if it's not what's called class-compliant. For that look at the product page for the keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legittimo View Post
Like Im also trying to use my plugins like Omnisphere and Kontakt, but i dont know how to route them, No matter wat I do it always plays the main track VIP software is on. Are there any tutorials on routing in the VIP software?
Again you do NOT use the VIP s/w. Just insert a plugin like Kontakt on an instrument track in PT - it's that simple. For how to do that I'd strongly suggest reading the PT User's Guide (aka The Manual) for how to do that as well as other PT info.

QAPLA!