Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Default 3rd party plugin control with Dock

I am considering purchasing an S3/Dock setup to replace my failing D-Command and the one thing that has me concerned is how well the softkeys and knobs work with 3rd party plugins. In particular, I'd like to use it with DMG equilibrium and various UAD EQs and compressors.

I mix several TV shows (outdoor adventure with terrifyingly bad Lav DX) and I have become really reliant on the EQ section of my D-Command and preview mode for quickly dealing with the sometimes syllable by syllable changes in tonality.

How happy are you with your PT Dock in this regard?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:57 AM

Default Re: 3rd party plugin control with Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
I am considering purchasing an S3/Dock setup to replace my failing D-Command and the one thing that has me concerned is how well the softkeys and knobs work with 3rd party plugins. In particular, I'd like to use it with DMG equilibrium and various UAD EQs and compressors.

I mix several TV shows (outdoor adventure with terrifyingly bad Lav DX) and I have become really reliant on the EQ section of my D-Command and preview mode for quickly dealing with the sometimes syllable by syllable changes in tonality.

How happy are you with your PT Dock in this regard?

Hey.. so I haven't used those specific plugs but I do use a lot of Waves stuff. I'm very happy with how the dock handles those plugs.

Hopefully somebody here can comment on how it handles UAD plugs.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
Hey.. so I haven't used those specific plugs but I do use a lot of Waves stuff. I'm very happy with how the dock handles those plugs.

Hopefully somebody here can comment on how it handles UAD plugs.
Hi Anthony, thanks for the reply. I watched your 6 month review on the dock and I'm wondering if you are now satisfied with the knobs now that they have updated the ballistics?
Old 05-11-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
Hi Anthony, thanks for the reply. I watched your 6 month review on the dock and I'm wondering if you are now satisfied with the knobs now that they have updated the ballistics?
Cool.. I hope you found it helpful. I did shoot a video on v3.6 with the knob kinetics update. I am pretty happy. They made the knobs usable which is what we've been asking for, for a very long time. I've actually been able to use the knobs on my artist mix pretty successfully now too. Is there room for improvement? I guess it's a personal feel. But I am very happy the issue was addressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVvO4ck9r8