Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-26-2002, 08:09 PM

Default "Could Not Allocate Space for Recording"

I'm trying to record to a LaCie 80GB [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] off of my Mbox.

I'm familiar with the "allocation" menu, and "operations" in the preference menu, but still no luck.

Seems like I can write folders and sessions to the drive fine, but can't record worth a lick.

Any advice/ideas?

Thanks so much.
PS... I tried tossing the LaCie extensions from my system folder, as well.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:14 PM

Default Re: "Could Not Allocate Space for Recording"

(My bad. Nothing that a "restart" didn't fix.) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM

I've been trying to solve this same problem for 5 days.

I've been getting the error message "could not allocate space for recording!" and have tried all of the suggestions in these thread (setting continuous record to 10mins, turning off quick punch, etc)

I have over 500GB of space available on the drive. The drive is set to Read/Write. All of my drives are set to R within the session and the audio
files folder for the session is also Read/Write.

I'm using PT 8.0.4, Mac OS 10.6.4, 003 Rack Factory, LaCie 1TB FW drive

I get this problem regardless of the size of the session. Sometimes I am able to reboot and record for one pass of a song or so but inevitably, the problem returns.

If anybody has any new suggestions or can point me in the direction of finding
a solution I sure would appreciate it!

Thanks,
T
Old 12-04-2010, 06:02 AM

I too have this problem and am finding it useless to work with Protools. Any burst of inspiration is squashed before it starts as some new issue ALWAYS pops up.
I'm running PT 9 with Macbook Pro 3.06g GHz 500 gig internal drive 4 gig internal memory and two Lacie 2BIG 4 TB drives. One as a Time Machine and the other as an external HD for recording. The drive was formatted for Mac and is running in fast mode not raid. I get two errors, one is 9126 and the other is "could not allocate space for recording" I'm trying to switch over from Logic to PT9 and have been ever since PT8 came out. This program is like a high maintenance chick, always asking you for something else, more space, new drive, different setup this and that. I attempt the same recording with Logic and so smooth it's scary. When it works it sounds good but jesus!! how much work does it take. No one from AVID or the old digidesign has given any feedback on this issue. Please tell us what we have to do the get this party started........Very discouraged.
Logic Studio 8
Mbox Pro 2
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 PM

Sigh, two years later i have stumbled upon this thread and I myself have the same problem.

darnit!