Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2018, 02:22 AM

Default Pro Tools refuses to shift an audio clip by the number of samples I specify

I'm running some samples through some outboard gear on many tracks of a big project. I use an insert that I put on a track then I "commit" and because of the latency caused by my outboard chain I then have to shift the processed tracks 60 samples earlier, using the edit/shift feature of PT.

It worked fine for the first 6 sessions of the project, but I'm now experiencing something very weird. On the session I'm working on, when I try to shift the tracks using edit/shift, PT ends up shifting the track a wrong number of samples : 85, 56,55.. it seems to be random and changes everytime. It won't shift the track at all if I enter a low value. For example if I try to shift the sample by 10 samples the window will close but the sample won't move at all.

Usually when you use the shift tool it keeps in memory the amount of samples you shifted the last time you used it. It still does that but with not with the value I inputted, but with the actual number of samples it shifted my track. eg. I try to shift my track 60 samples earlier, PT shifts it 85 samples earlier instead, I use the shift tool again and it's set by default on 85.

Of course I rebooted, deleted preferences, etc.. the usual "whole deal". Got the error on 2018.3, upgraded to 2018.4 and its still here.

Did anybody ever experience that ? Am I missing something ?
Old 06-14-2018, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools refuses to shift an audio clip by the number of samples I specify

Erased prefs one more time with the very last version of PT Prefs and it fixed it !
Old 06-14-2018, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools refuses to shift an audio clip by the number of samples I specify

Yup.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378316

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=382434
Old 06-14-2018, 08:48 PM

oh, thanks, I couldn't find threads with similar issue. Glad to know I'm not alone.

I can't believe this bug isn't fixed yet, two years later.

It started acting up again today after being seemingly fixed last night, about to try and delete the prefs again
Old 06-15-2018, 08:25 AM

One more bit of info for future reference. If you have a clip that starts at zero(IOW, the far left) and try to shift that earlier, it can't move(because its already "at the wall"). Cut the clip anywhere so the clip you want to move, has room.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave