Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Default Pro Tools HD 9.0 Upgrade Activation card will not work

Dear Avid, Hi everyone,

Received the Pro Tools HD 8 DigiDelivery today but the activation code for my (Pro Tools HD 9.0 Upgrade Activation card) will not work.

Viewed this other post http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...count.+account. where you (Avid) gave instructions, but it took me back to that very same page where I log in (Yes, I have an Avid account) before the problem begins.

After I put in the "Serial Number of qualifying hardware" it does not go through. It reads:

"There are no qualifying upgrade products on this iLok account. Please try another iLok account."

What happened?

I'm running a PPC G5 2.5ghz 8GB and was assured by the dealer that by purchasing PTHD9, I could use the "License" for PTHD8.

Does anyone know what to do?

iLok is synced and all good.

I am lost regarding how to activate this particular code.

Help.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD 9.0 Upgrade Activation card will not work

I can verify that you will get the license for HD8, but I don't know what the issue is with the serial number.

I'm only saying that once you get it sorted out, you will receive the Ilok license for both HD 9 and HD 8.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I can verify that you will get the license for HD8, but I don't know what the issue is with the serial number.

I'm only saying that once you get it sorted out, you will receive the Ilok license for both HD 9 and HD 8.

Thanks for the input nst7.

It's already noon here Saturday, so Avid is closed.

Received a different Pro Tools HD v8 dmg file via express mail from the dealer an hour and a half ago. No luck!

When I try to activate through the "Use license card" it reads:

"This version of Pro Tools HD 8 requires authorization to run, but the authorization cannot be found in the installed iLok (serial number "my number").

To authorize this iLok, please insert the license card for this software."

And there's just no other method to input the code that is on the card but by typing it in. It is not on the 9.0 installer CD I purchased. It is on a separate card in the box.

I have already synced my iLok, it's good. Even thought about using a new second iLok, but... I don't need an extra headache.

Now, I know I need Avid's help.

Also noticed my other two codes from older HD versions for 5.3 and 6.9.2 began with "DIGI". This 9.0 is different.

Don't know about the codes for 7.0 - 8.0 and beyond as I did not upgrade from 6.9.2 until recently.

Didn't touch 6.9.3 because of the stability on 6.9.2 with (Tiger 10.4.x).

I'm a bit confused now. I bought this upgrade and can"t even use the authorization code, this sucks.

Avid, could I try reinstalling 6.9.2 and try to install 8.0 over that? Is there a challenge response you can send me that I can use?

I'm stuck.

Thanks

Last edited by sim2so 2; 09-02-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: wording
Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Avid

Question Re: Pro Tools HD 9.0 Upgrade Activation card will not work

Couldn't find you in our system using your registered DUC email. Can you please update that to your email address to the one your registered with?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCS View Post
Couldn't find you in our system using your registered DUC email. Can you please update that to your email address to the one your registered with?
If you mean the email address I registered with when I bought PTHD3 5.3 in May 2002, I no longer have that address.

Can I send you my information directly?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 PM

Question Re: Pro Tools HD 9.0 Upgrade Activation card will not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCS View Post
Can you please update that to your email address to the one your registered with?
I'm sorry, I do not quite understand. What do you need me to do? Update date what? My registered user information?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:02 AM

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools HD 9.0 Upgrade Activation card will not work

I found this link which gave me some insight for anyone else having activation code problems; http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285388

I believe I am in the system now. PTHD8 is working. Was even able to view my McDSP Plugins.

This process is wayyyyy different from the previous HD systems prior to HD7.

I can see I'll be busy doing some homework, this is another animal.

See everyone around. I'll be here.

Cheers nst7!

sim
9/5/2011