Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2004, 07:08 PM

Default What Do You Use PTF For?

From the number of "views" for each post, I can tell that either there are a lot of silent PTF users out there or there are LE users who are just passing through. I am just curious:

Who is successfully using PTF as their primary recording ap and happy just to stay with PTF?

Who is using PTF as an alternate editing station for sessions recorded on LE?

Who is using PTF to learn PT before actually buying a system?

Anybody got some finished recordings to share that were recorded with PTF?

What other aps are you running successfully (preferably on Win98) if any? Cakewalk, n-Track?

Talk to me ya'll!! (Yeah, I'm from Texas, the alleged music capital of the world....) I check this forum every day and it's kind of depressing to think I am the only person on the planet who didn't upgrade to XP yet!

Thanks,
bilco
Old 02-07-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: What Do You Use PTF For?

Hi bilco!
I'm new to PTF and I like it very much.I plain to use it like my primary app for recording but I can't set it to record and edit in it.I read your posts and I must say that you amazed me very much with your story about your Dell 300 laptop and 128 memory.My friend have Nec 233 Mhz MMX with 2gb Hdd and 128 SDRam.He is seling me that laptop to for a very low price and I want a portable system to record my band while rehearsing.I asked on this forum for a opinion about that laptop.Can I install PFT and use it but none responded.Now I have instaled PTF on my Celeron 2.4,1gb Corsair DDR,2x40Gb HDD(one of them is removable fat32) so I can use it while I'm on WinME and I can use it if I buy that laptop.Also I have Behringer Eurorack UB1002 mixer.Everything is passing throught my mix into my pc's onboard soundcard.What do you think about the laptop?Can I use it for recording only one audio track while rehearsing and one by one while recording demo?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.I'm from Macedonia
Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: What Do You Use PTF For?

Wow, I just happened to be looking through old threads and saw you posted to this thread I wrote in 2004.

I don't know how it will work on your laptop. You just have to try and see. I installed PT Free on about 3 or 4 different PCs and it was very inconsistent. It did not work well on a Compaq desktop I remember. It worked very well on my Dell Latitude and a desktop PC I put together from parts donated by friends though.

I have moved over to the Mac side of things now. I was thinking of putting PT Free on a G3 laptop, but I ended up buying a used Mbox and a G4 ibook. I am very happy with that combination.

Good luck with PT Free on your new PC,
bilco