Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2016, 08:33 PM

Default Re: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2224 View Post
So I installed the 11.3.1 on my Mac os 10.9.5, it's not seeing my Avid interfaces, so I am not sure what to do with this now
Is that 11.3.1 a HD license you are trying to get working?

If not then that is why it isn't working as HD pcie cards need HD license to work.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-16-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Is that 11.3.1 a HD license you are trying to get working?

If not then that is why it isn't working as HD pcie cards need HD license to work.
Never said anything about trying to gat a license to work, I said 11 is not seeing my interfaces
blue ray player
HDX 1, 2 16X16 interfaces
sync I/O.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Never said anything about trying to gat a license to work, I said 11 is not seeing my interfaces
The license business is germane here as you need an HD license for your interfaces to be seen. That and you have to install the right drivers when you install PT11 - that choice is right there in the installer.

QAPLA!
Old 02-17-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The license business is germane here as you need an HD license for your interfaces to be seen. That and you have to install the right drivers when you install PT11 - that choice is right there in the installer.
I have done all of the above, I have a valid License, so the issue is not about any of these things
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I have done all of the above, I have a valid License, so the issue is not about any of these things
Which exact license do you have - PTHD or PT non-HD (aka PT vanilla)? You need the PTHD license. And just to make sure - when you installed pT11 you installed the HD drivers right?

QAPLA!
Old 02-17-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Which exact license do you have - PTHD or PT non-HD (aka PT vanilla)? You need the PTHD license. And just to make sure - when you installed pT11 you installed the HD drivers right?
Maybe I did not make myself clear, so here we go again, I have Pro Tools HDX as it says in my profile and signature
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Maybe I did not make myself clear, so here we go again, I have Pro Tools HDX as it says in my profile and signature
Yes and you are failing to answer a very precisely asked and deliberate question. HDX is a hardware card. It does not tell us anything about what license you are trying to use with that card. What actual Pro Tools license asset is on your iLok? It has to be a HD license as a standard license will not let Pro Tools use a HDN or HDX interface. Deliberately crippled by Avid not to work.

Commonly this happens when folks buy a bare HDN or HDX board hoping to use that with a standard Pro Tools license, or when they mistakingly plug in the wrong iLok or forget to download the HD license asset, or occasionally when multiple iLoks are plugged into a computer with different mixes of standard/HD licenses on them and iLoks/drivers have problems. When folks mistakingly mix up licenses on first gen iLoks etc. We cannot guess what you are exactly doing or if you already understand all these (fairly common) issues or not

So can you now please just answer the question clearly. What exact license is on the iLok? (look in the iLok license manager, post a screenshot here if it helps, but hide any personal info). Ideally unplug any other iLoks that don't contain the Pro Tools HD license while you do that. And no don't just assume, actually go look in the License Manager. It's very easy to mess this up installing the wrong license, grabbing the wrong iLok, etc.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yes and you are failing to answer a very precisely asked and deliberate question. HDX is a hardware card. It does not tell us anything about what license you are trying to use with that card. What actual Pro Tools license asset is on your iLok? It has to be a HD license as a standard license will not let Pro Tools use a HDN or HDX interface. Deliberately crippled by Avid not to work.

Commonly this happens when folks buy a bare HDN or HDX board hoping to use that with a standard Pro Tools license, or when they mistakingly plug in the wrong iLok or forget to download the HD license asset, or occasionally when multiple iLoks are plugged into a computer with different mixes of standard/HD licenses on them and iLoks/drivers have problems. When folks mistakingly mix up licenses on first gen iLoks etc. We cannot guess what you are exactly doing or if you already understand all these (fairly common) issues or not

So can you now please just answer the question clearly. What exact license is on the iLok? (look in the iLok license manager, post a screenshot here if it helps, but hide any personal info). Ideally unplug any other iLoks that don't contain the Pro Tools HD license while you do that. And no don't just assume, actually go look in the License Manager. It's very easy to mess this up installing the wrong license, grabbing the wrong iLok, etc.
I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have been using Pro tools long enough to know I can't use a none HD license with HD, SO here is your answer, I am using a HD license that came in a 10/11 bundle, I hope that is clear enough for you
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:56 PM

great, thanks.

So with that question out the way.

Does Digitest pass for the whole setup?

What interfaces do you have connected to the HDX. What exact models are they? For HD and 192 style boxes what IO cards are installed in them (we can't trust profiles are up to date so just spell it out here). Is that two 16x16 analog and a sync. Get the sync out the picture to start with and only one 16x16 analog direct connected to *one* HDX card, with no chaining. Physically remove the other HDX card if you have a dual card system. Try swapping Digilink cables. Does that work? try different card/cable/interface box permutations of what you have until something works.

Does DigiTest pass for that one box OK or not?

Can you test your interface box(es) on another HDN or HDX system?

Has this HDX card(s) and/or the interface boxes ever worked for you? In any computer system?

What GPU is installed in the Mac Pro? Does the power supply wiring to the HDX card look correct/per the documentation? Any other PCIe cards installed?

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-17-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
great, thanks.

So with that question out the way.

Does Digitest pass for the whole setup?

What interfaces do you have connected to the HDX. What exact models are they? For HD and 192 style boxes what IO cards are installed in them (we can't trust profiles are up to date so just spell it out here). Is that two 16x16 analog and a sync. Get the sync out the picture to start with and only one 16x16 analog direct connected to *one* HDX card, with no chaining. Physically remove the other HDX card if you have a dual card system. Try swapping Digilink cables. Does that work? try different card/cable/interface box permutations of what you have until something works.

Does DigiTest pass for that one box OK or not?

Can you test your interface box(es) on another HDN or HDX system?

Has this HDX card(s) and/or the interface boxes ever worked for you? In any computer system?

What GPU is installed in the Mac Pro? Does the power supply wiring to the HDX card look correct/per the documentation? Any other PCIe cards installed?
Something else to check - is the power cable to the HDX card plugged in correctly? And are all the pins making contact on both ends of that cable? It's possible the pins could have been pushed out of one of the connectors. Or the pins themselves could have been buggered.

QAPLA!